Trivia based on old photos

This is a 1900 photo of a well known area of New York City. Based on clues from the photo what area of New York City is it?

I cheated, so I wonā€™t reveal it. I wanted to say Wall Street, which it isnā€™t. Iā€™ve been working on a cousinā€™s family history and have traced one Dutch line to New Amsterdam in the 1620s and they lived just outside the wall that became Wall Street.

Who is the man in the photo from the sixties

Hint: People who were square did not hang out here

Who is the famous young girl in this photo from the early forties

Wow. I couldnā€™t guess the other. The first one is obvious

That might be Ed Sullivan wearing a Beatlesā€™ wig.

1 Like

Jimtoo - you got it. It was Ed Sullivan wearing a wig to introduce the Beatles

The girl in the photo from the early forties looks so happy leading a normal life, not knowing that she would subsequently become a victim of horrific events.

I thought I was wrong at first and hadnā€™t looked it up. Thatā€™s Anne Frank.

1 Like

mcarley - You are correct

Another Hint: Take a look at the sign on the building on the left while imagining a billboard with someone smoking on the building straight ahead.

Times Square?

1 Like

mcarley - Correct again!

It is interesting to look at this photo of Times Square from 1979 which has a few similarities to the one in my trivia question from 1900

What singer is in this photo from the forties with his mother

Wow, Rosie Oā€™Donnell is older than I thought.

She must be a Queen because sheā€™s with The King.

1 Like

What iconic New York City buildings can be seen in this photo

Hint about the forties photo of a singer with his mother. Before he became famous he entered a singing contest and was told that he had no talent and would never be able to make a living as a singer.