Identify the photo

Hint: is your confidential secretary this glamorous?

lucille ball

No it is not Lucille Ball but it is an actress

Another Hint: In 1959 she won an Emmy Award for outstanding supporting actress in a TV drama series.

Dela Street on Perry Mason.

1 Like

WTG Sister - It is Barbara Hale who played the role of Della Street on Perry Mason

Jack Benny and Johnny Carson

1 Like

WTG jimtoo - You are correct

paul Simon

1 Like

WTG Weenut - You are correct

Jane Mansfield and her daughter Mariska.

1 Like

The seated gentleman is Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain. Not sure about the others.

1 Like

Sister - you are correct

Jimtoo - yes, the seated gentleman is Mark Twain

Hint : The two females in this photo inspired a Broadway play based on an autobiography. The title of that play was based on what Mark Twain called one of them .

Another Hint: The actress who played one of the women in this photo in the original Broadway play and movie years late played the other women in a 1979 TV movie version of it.

One final hint before I reveal the answer. The photo below the 1895 photo is from the 1962 movie that shows the actresses who played these two women

The actresses are Anne Bancroft and Patty Duke, both of whom, I think, portrayed Helen Keller in movies whose names escape me. So I presume one of the women in the photo is Helen Keller.

I appreciate the Broadway hints, but I know next to nothing about Broadway plays.