Watching old movies and TV shows

I tend to agree… so what shows have held up best?
I would think Stand Alone shows with no or very little Continuing content… I still like Law & Order

We have been watching Petrocelli free on You Tube.
Only 44 eps has a kind of updated Perry Mason approach.
I do not recall watching it first run… wonder what it was up against… No VCR at that time.

Barnaby Jones also on YouTube… lots of episodes.
It was funny binging on BJ. At his age not a lot of action but more thought provoking crimes. Do not believe BJ ever needed more than one shot to get the bad guy… unbelievable shooting.

@Bears54 - In my opinion, there are quite a few older TV shows that had very good acting - They include original Perry Mason series, Lou Grant, Little House on the Prairie, the original Magnum PI, the original twilight zone, etc

Some of the earlier Andy Griffith shows show Andy smoking while with his family. That just doesn’t seen right when I see it today.

Today, he and Barney would have an affair!!

I remember when players and managers smoked in the dugout during baseball games. I think the league outlawed that in the late '80s.

The Coach of the Boston Celtics[Arnold “Red” Auerbach, used to light a cigar when he thought that the team was going to win the game.

1 Like

As another example with a more recent but still older series, some Barney Miller episodes showed Detective Harris smoking in the squad room. You would never see smoking in the work place like that today.

People frequently left their car’s convertible top down when they were not in the car and didn’t worry that someone might steal it.

2 Likes

Watched an old episode of “Vegas” , the one with Robert Uhrich earlier this week. He was driving his old T bird with the top down wearing an overcoat.

1 Like

Just because I’m bored AF today.

This is from 2018.

Everyone smoked everywhere back in the day. Then TV told everyone tobacco is killing everyone including children. I think big Pharma must have invented Nicorette about that time, and someone in the tobacco industry pissed someone off. :upside_down_face:

Gave a good reason to tax the hell out of smokes, at $10.00 a pack to be a social outcast. :clown_face: :woman_shrugging:

I always laugh at the warnings some of the TV programs now put on the programs before they begin. We are now advised that you may see smoking or drinking alcohol or drug use, etc. What they should say is welcome to real life.

1 Like

Was it the acting or was it the writing? Rod Serling was a master.

Barney would be Beverly

This was halftime at the first Super Bowl

Lenny was a legend!!
I love that picture!

Kc - in my opinion, both the writing and acting were excellent in the original Twilight Zone Series.

Back in the day I loved Tom Selleck as Thomas Magnum, Stacy Keach as Mike Hammer, and Len Cariou in Sweeney Todd. So it is a real treat for me to see the three of them together on Blue Bloods decades later.

Good Catch… I had not recognized Stacy Keech as the Archbishop.
He has been in 9 Episodes!

1 Like

If you like Stacy Keech, check out the show Titus. A sitcom, only lasted 3 seasons, but funny and serious.

2 Likes