To Parrot and KC: The Bills' gift to Chiefs fans

They can give Tyreek Hill a nice warm welcome for his return to Arrowhead Stadium this upcoming week-end.

‘Twas a good season for the Dolphins. Moral of the story is get the injuries done early, when they happen in weeks 15-18, it’s a buzzkill.

About that game, this sums up what I have been saying about the NFL for a while:
https://twitter.com/FB_Helmet_Guy/status/1744226074567782631?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

The NFL after deciding to put the Dolphins vs Chiefs playoff game behind a paywall on Peacock. “Greed is good” is the NFL’s motto and guiding force.

1 Like

Well…it will be broadcast over the air in KC and Miami. But I sincerely hope that the ratings for this game are significantly lower that any other playoff games. Especially the games that are on network TV. What is shitty about it is that NBC owns peacock.

1 Like

We’ve been through this, the NFL is a business and they give the broadcast rights to the highest bidder.

Who owns Peacock. Hint -

Why not put it on the network.

Probably because parent company NBC wants more people to subscribe to Peacock. Just like the NFL NBC is a business and their objective is to make money.

Great. So I hope it’s the lowest rated of any of the playoff games. Would you subscribe just to see one game? I wouldn’t.

No, but I understand why they’re doing it.

IT’S $6 to watch

Thank goodness we will get it over the air in KC. I won’t pay to watch it.

Which is also why one game each week was on Amazon Prime.

1 Like

I think it is a trial balloon to see if they can make the SuperBowl PPV.

That would piss off a lot of people, but I think it would be a lot like how we used to watch pay-per-view boxing matches when I was younger, get together at someone’s house and in all pitch in five bucks a guy, BYOB and bring an appetizer, dip or dessert. Some of the Tyson fights were $60 thirty years ago.

My son and I watch MMA together.
We have figured it is cheaper to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and eat and drink beer than to order it at home.
The exception is when Conor McGregor fights, then all the casuals fill the bars for it.

Then there are those of us who have watched the super bowl for over 50 years on network TV. They will really be pissed. I wonder how this will affect advertising spots…a lot of people don’t watch the games but did watch the ads. I’m not sure that they would want to pay just to watch the ads. Kind of amazing…up until now, technology has made things bigger, faster and cheaper. But now, it’s making it more costly to watch things that previously were free

Ford and Jeep already are not buying ads this year.

Right now it would. However, that will not always be the case. And, I would submit that if it ever does get to that point where it would not piss off a lot of people, that will not be good for the NFL.

The NFL should look to Major League Baseball as a cautionary tale. Back in the 1980s if you had said that Major League Baseball would be where it is today, I doubt many people would have agreed at. And, back then if you had suggested putting the World Series on PPV, there would have been an outrage. Today, I would bet if Major League Baseball suggested putting the World Series on PPV most people would not care. I know I would not.

Yep, people don’t want to pay for something they’ve always gotten for free.

That’s like with the Cubs, they were always on WGN TV locally and then around 10-12 years ago that changed and now it’s on some pay sports network I can’t even get on YouTube TV. I can’t even just download an app and pay a monthly fee to watch it.