Sometimes it only takes two words

It is also why Kauffman Stadium recently hosted one right after renovations.

I know I said that I would end it, but I just have to ask again. If there had been any verbal promises or even insinuated or implied promises, don’t you think that the State of Georgia and Cobb County would be blasting this point to every media outlet and person that will listen to them?

The only exception I can think of recently is in New York. They held the All Star Game at the old Yankee Stadium in its last year instead of the new Yankee Stadium.

It’s often pointed out by many that: “Correlation does not imply causation”. I’ll bet you a carton of soda crackers you’ve hauled out that one yourself on more than one occasion. :innocent:

I listened to about a thousand hours of sports radio that confirms what I said.

The Braves had a tepid response, the Atlanta Mayor is a Democrat and huge opponent of the bill, so she isn’t going to say anything. I don’t know about the make up of Cobb County so I can’t speak on that.
Kemp is doing just that, so maybe it is politically harming for them to do so.
My completely amatuer opinion is that Cobb County knows that MLB has a ton of high priced lawyers on retainer and their career County Counselor would be in over his head.
If I were a well funded, Conservative political organization I would find a local business or two to back in a lawsuit.

OMG, perhaps Jim Rome has spoken… case closed. :face_vomiting:

Rome’s show doesn’t play in KC, nobody listened to him.

A bit of exaggeration, eh? That would be over forty forty straight days of listening to sports radio 24 hours a day non-stop.

Seriously, how did the sports radio that you listened to confirm what you said? What were their sources?

Edit: Please disregard my second comment. I now see you were referring to Kauffman Stadium. In the interest of full transparency (and not making myself look like a bigger idiot), I am leaving my earlier comment unedited.

LOL, I too have only read parts of posts and responded.

I literally used to listen to at least 3 hours of sports radio a day in my car.
When the ballot initiative to fund Kauffman and Arrowhead was being discussed it was all they talked about.
They even said if we would have built a “rolling roof” (the most ridiculous concept ever) we would get a SuperBowl.

I hope they didn’t say they were going to follow the blue print in Montreal for covered roofs. :laughing:

It was an upside down potato chip that would be on rails to go between Arrowhead and Kauffman.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is a rolling roof a bad idea? I thought they were supposed to be flexible depending on the weather.

The “unknowns” about possibly creating a wind tunnel for one.
The idiotic cost to the taxpayer for another.

I did a bit of Googling and found this article:

You know it better than I do. However, I have visions of that functioning as efficiently as the retractable roof on Olympic Stadium in Montreal and also busting the budget like the final price tag for “The Big Owe” did.

If they want a way to cover the stadium for cold days, it seems cheaper to just get one big tarp and string it over the upper decks. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Seriously, I mentioned before that I once saw the Buffalo Bills defeat the Miami Dolpins in a playoff game in the freezing cold in Buffalo. I could not picture them having a roof to make things warm for everybody there. Talk about losing a big home-field advantage. I also do not think it is a coincidence that the Minnesota Vikings played in four Super Bowls in eight years when they played outdoors but have not made the game once since they moved indoors.

It’s nickname is “CamaroHead”.

I am pretty sure almost everyone on this forum can agree to hate the tax subsidies used for stadiums.

Agreed, and then after the citizens foot the bill for most of it they sell the naming rights to some corporation whose CEO probably couldn’t find his/her way to the facility or what team/teams its hosting.

And the team gets that money, as well as most of the concession money.

Joe Robbie Stadium (Miami) was the last privately financed stadium I can remember. A couple years ago Landshark stadium had an upgrade that probably cost more than the stadium cost, wonder who footed that bill.

How do we know it was their fan base? The people I have seen whining don’t appear to be fans of baseball. I admit I haven’t been in a while but I don’t remember a bunch of Soy boys at the baseball game. The last time I went it was honoring law enforcement. The exact opposite of the people whining about it.