Sometimes it only takes two words

The MLB should immediately move the Braves out of Georgia. It would be hypocritical for them to earn money in a racist state.

Maybe move them to China, they just singed a broadcast deal with them.

Like changing the laws based on the lie of a stolen election? That integrity?

Did the Georgia Legislature renege on any agreements?

And may prohibit any teams affiliated with MLB (all current minor leagues and MLB) from playing an unaffiliated professional baseball team and prohibit any unaffiliated team from playing in the stadium of any affiliated team.

Their oaths of office?

???

Speaking of the new Georgia voting bill, can you please point out exactly where in the bill it specifically singles out people of color or the poor?

Don’t hold your breath.

This is why no one takes Libs seriously. Its the throw grandma from the rooftop scare tactic. I guess when your base is composed of really stupid people, it will work.

How does politics affect MLB. Do tell…

We have discussed this in another thread. As a follow-up, I want to ask you how you would respond to this scenario.

First, as a preface, the 2022 MLB All Star Game is scheduled to be held at Dodger Stadium. It was supposed to be there in 2020 before it was cancelled due to the pandemic. MLB awarded it to Dodger Stadium after several renovations were done to upgrade it. Prior to that Dodger Stadium had not hosted the game since 1980 and it was pretty much understood it would not get the game again without said upgrades. To my knowledge, no actual promise was ever made and no formal agreement ever signed, but it was pretty much understood that MLB gave the game to Dodger Stadium as a reward for those upgrades. In other words, this is virtually identical to the situation with the game in Atlanta this year.

With that said, say next year California’s governor makes some type of policy statement incredibly asinine and offensive to you and many others. (I was going to give a more precise example, but I decided against it. You get what I am saying.) This prompts calls from many to boycott California, and as part of this Major League Baseball decides to pull the All Star Game out of Los Angeles and move it to another location, just as they did with Atlanta this year. If this happened, would you take the same position you are now, or would you have a different position?

If you say you will take the same position you are now, I would disagree with you as much then as I do now, but I will also give you credit for being consistent.

I don’t want to get involved in this discussion, but as a side note why not have the All Star game in every stadium on a rotating bases? Unlike the Super Bowl which is in the middle of winter weather isn’t a factor.

Their fan base was asking for them to do exactly what they did. And they responded. This didn’t come from nowhere.

Ah, they gave into the Karen’s.

BTW where exactly in the Georgia voting law does it single out people of color or the poor?

IMHO, LA needs to get MLB to sign an ironclad agreement.
MLB has shown that they are unethical and have zero sense of integrity.
That would be the only legal recourse.
And let’s use a hypothetical.

1. You guys are lucky, Newsome gets recalled.
  2. Rob Manfred is fired because he won’t quit Augusta National.
  3. The owners pull their heads out of their collective assses and hire a pro business commissioner.
  4. Cali elects an illegal immigrant.
  5. The new commissioner threatens to pull the All Star game out of LA.
    I would have the same opinion, live up to your word.

Now to elaborate.
I am a man of my word. My integrity is unquestionable. I have taught my kids that as well as youth that I have coached or led in Scouts. So when someone blatantly abandons all pretext of integrity, I lose whatever respect I may have had for them. Prior to this Manfred was an afterthought to me, I knew who he was because I follow baseball, but I had no real opinion of him. I now feel he is a lying POS.
Second, when I went to college and received my Business Degree one of the classes I took was “Business Ethics”. One of the first tenants you learn is to stand by your word, even if you aren’t legally obliged to do so. Manfred violated this, I would never do business with him.

Uhhh…no.

I will reply to this point and then leave it as is. In my example I said that no promises were made and no agreement executed. In other words, MLB never said renovate Dodger Stadium and we will give you the All Star Game. To the best of my knowledge, this is a fact. Similarly, I have not seen anything showing that MLB explicitly told Cobb County that it would get the All Star Game if it built the new ball park. If you show me something like that or if something like that comes to light, I will agree with you. Until then. we are going to disagree.

Edit: I forgot. I applaud you for your consistency.

I think that MLB wants it in decent venues. There is a reason that neither Oakland nor Tampa Bay is on tap to get the game, just like Shea Stadium did not get it in its later years before they demolished it.

Good point.

I admit that there was nothing in writing.
But if I were doing any business with MLB in the future I would insist on it.
Manfred has shown to be a a snake.