On the Feds would consider this a success

That made me laugh.

Fair enough.
So even cut in half, still a shitty policy

What moron thinks the primary function of government is to be profitable? Or thinks we shouldn’t enforce certain laws?

So you also think we don’t need to enforce certain laws. IRS has been defunded for literally decades, we should leave it that way or maybe shut it down?

Nobody has answered my question, do all/most conservatives prefer a weaker IRS? If so, why?

I presume this funding is the beginning of catching the cheats. It’s not logical to prefer a weaker IRS and then bitch about tax cheats, you get to pick only one.

1 Like

The moron’s that said spending $80 billion more on the IRS will pay for itself by collecting more taxes. I get it, you think spending $8 billion to collect and extra $500 million is a good thing.

Maybe democrats should give the IRS $80 trillion, that’ll fix the debt. :joy:

Maybe we should simplify the tax code and keep rates reasonable, rather than having fake high rates offset by thousands of pages of indecipherable code, enriching tons of lawyers and accountants and requiring billions of dollars worth of treasury outlays to (not really) enforce.

1 Like

No, the funding of the IRS was fine, this shows they the extra funding was stupid.
The $500 million recovered isn’t some criminal conspiracy, it is a rounding error.

No, it will almost certainly be the high point.

I don’t look at it as profit and loss, I know the IRS is underfunded and the cheats are taking advantage of it. I’d like to say I’ll take advantage of further cuts and stop paying taxes but my morality won’t let me do that.

Your little buddy Biden said it would pay for itself almost tenfold.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/business/economy/biden-american-families-plan.html

The president’s “American Families Plan,” which he will detail this week, will be offset in part by a tax enforcement effort that administration officials believe will raise $700 billion over a decade.

So far it’s a huge failure.

Decades of IRS cuts have come home to roost. Either you get serious with an injection of money or just don’t enforce the tax code.

That $8 billion injection netted $500 million. We’re back to you not understanding math.

Would you be for the government spending $8 billion a year to catch $500 million in welfare fraud? If you aren’t a hypocrite you’ll say yes.

Not much detail in the article, but they’ve barely started. I wouldn’t expect much ROI yet.

No, im still wondering why you think governement spending must always be profitable. We can either enforce the laws or not, i prefer they be enforced.

And why exactly are conservatives hellbent on defunding irs? Ive even heard many say they want to disband the irs. Can you comment on that?

We gotta scrap the program, according to conservatives anyway. I never see liberals bitch about the IRS…why is that?

Lol…why would you want to catch tax cheats but not welfare cheats?

Huh? Whats welfare got to do with any of this?

A pattern is emerging though, youre fired up about welfare fraud (typically poor black folks), dismissive of tax cheats.

You are fine with spending $8 billion to recoup $500 million in taxes, you should at least be consistent in catching people cheating the government and taxpayers.

You must have missed the link above.

The president’s “American Families Plan,” which he will detail this week, will be offset in part by a tax enforcement effort that administration officials believe will raise $700 billion over a decade.

So far Biden is off by $699.5 billion.

Im fine with catching tax cheats and enforcing laws, absolutely. Mcarley made a good point, its too early in the new spending to know what effect its having anyway.

Heres a question for ya, why are conservatives hot to defund and shut down IRS when nobody else is talking about it? I dont pay extra but i feel good when i pay my taxes, Americas given a lot to me and its literally the least i can do.