Last day of the Month, and here is the dumbest thing!

It ought to be based on some definable and defensible criteria, and in my opinion, it should be based on geography/geology, not culture.

1 Like

It is, but you and Nicole Hannah-Jones donā€™t like that criteria.

Tradition is not a criterion.

The North American and Eurasian plates actually meet in Iceland, and occasionally pull away from each other. Hence, their volcanoes. Go and walk the rift some time, itā€™s quite the sight.

1 Like

/endthread

Literally the only way you could get one upped is if somebody says the Milky Way is not a galaxy.

Apparently the diving there is amazing. Not between the plates obviously but itā€™s like an underwater spa from gas venting and the sea life is quite odd.

1 Like

Yes my wifeā€™s friends took a weekend trip there. We couldnā€™t afford to go as we already had CC debt and we were working on paying for our adoption

We met a woman who dived in the lake very near the rift. It was maybe 10 degrees outside but the water was warm. She was amazed by her dive, until her pony tail froze minutes after getting out of the water.

Iceland is on my list of places to travel someday. Iā€™ve seen some photos. Itā€™s gorgeous.

I had a friend that went there several years ago, he said it was amazing.

Its unbelieveable to see, and if you are willing to get up close, its tenfold. And if youre a game of thrones fan or a fan of Vikings lore, another tenfold.

Its not that far, a 5 hour flight from boston.

This is really why we went, but everything else was just great also.

1 Like

LOL, Boston is about a 6 hour flight from me.

You should move, the east coast is amazing.

We flew from here to Seattle (3 hours), spent the night, and then flew 8+ hours to Iceland on Iceland Air.

Well, the water is warmer, but IDK with the humidity.

:face_vomiting:

Well itā€™s amazing if youā€™ve never lived there I guess. Iā€™ve lived here for 53 years and looking to retire in AZ or UT or CO where I suspect itā€™s more amazing. Iā€™ve done all the east coast stuff, now time for new roads.

I have been for the East a few times and have never thought ā€œwow, I woild love to live hereā€, just not my cup of coffee.
I am probably going to Myrtle beach this summer to meet up with some old Army buddies for a golf trip this summer.

Now THAT is a shithole! Unless you play golf I guess.