Jerry Jones

What is so confusing to me is that the two most important decisions for an NFL franchise are the QB and head coach.
There is so much time an money that goes into getting the QB right, but so many owners are morons when it comes to hiring a coach.

Two questions, possibly related: how much of the Broncos mess is on Hackett (vs. the horrible offensive line, injuries, Wilson, etc?)

Where is Sean Payton going next?

To be fair, the front office handcuffed Hackett with the Wilson contract and other player choices, but having witnessed the coaching decisions by Hackett, they also handcuffed the players by making him the head coach.

As far as Sean Payton? Good question. Carolina and Indy are open. I don’t think he would stoop to coaching the Raiders.

The Chargers with Justin Herbert woukd be a great fit. The question is whether Dean Spanos would pony up the money needed to get Payton.

That is scary, but I think Staley is doing just enough (even though IMO he is underperforming with the talent he has) to keep from being fired.

Off topic, but my son and I fell into free tickets to the Chiefs/Rams game yesterday, literally last minute.
So, if you take your kid, know this.
Look at at spending at least $150 after ticket prices (parking, concessions, etc), don’t be the “I am not paying stadium prices” parent. Buy some food, have a beer, have fun.

Yeah, I’m sure the Rams stadium will be plenty expensive. Gotta check on how long it will take to get there. When I looked before, the directions I got were weird, and shorter than I expected.

People tend to think Payton wants the Dallas job, but I don’t think that’s turning over next year.

That is the perpetual story of the Chargers. They have an opportunity now, with Herbert still on his rookie contract, to make a mark in the Los Angeles market, where they remain an afterthought for now. If Spanos really cared about that, he would jump at the opportunity to hire Payton. Whether he does, though, is the big question.

Also, most stadiums have gone “cash free” so don’t think you need to carry a bunch of cash.

+1

Going to an event and vacations should be an experience, the money spent is well worth the memories.

The Patriots drafted Jim Plunkett as the #1 overall pick in 1971. He did not do much with the Pats.

Eventually he ended up with the Oakland Raiders. He had better players there and eventually won 2 Super Bowls with them.

Sorry…I love the Chiefs, but they have priced me out of the market. $60+ dollars for parking? I might be willing to pay that if the bulk of the money went to the owners of the stadium and parking lot. I’d prefer to sit at home and drink 7 beers for the price you pay for one. And I fix mean hamburger.

The Arrowhead experience is something every fan should experience at some point, but I’ve been there, done that and paid a lot less for it. That’s the downside of winning a Super Bow.

My 18 y/o son had a blast.
I am really glad we did it together.
I was literally on the way to buy a stove when we found out about the tickets and he wasn’t comfortable going with just another 18 y/o for the first time.

Jeff Saturday taking a page out of the Nathaniel Hackett game management coaching manual

That’s what life is about, having memorable experiences and spending time with people important to you. My kid remembers things we’ve done like ball games and vacations when he was little and still talks about them.

I guess he won’t be the next coach

I was watching and wondering why the hell he didn’t call a TO.
It was boggling.
I would guess, that like everything else, being in the middle of something like that, the little things escape you.

https://sports.yahoo.com/timeout-colts-saturday-admits-mistake-223032139.html
After watching game tape, rethinking the situation and reflecting on what could been done differently, Saturday essentially owned up to making a rookie coaching mistake.

‘‘I wish I had that third down back. In all honesty, I wish I would’ve used a timeout. Just looking at it on film - I looked at it last night again, looked at it this morning again,’’ he said Tuesday. ‘‘From a time perspective I felt good. But you could tell we were in disarray. Looking back, it’s a learning experience.’’

Perhaps that’s to be expected from someone with no prior coaching experience at the pro or college level and who wasn’t even with the team until November.

But the best person always gets the job. :wink: