Bills Bengals

Haven’t seen this in decades. Bills Bengals game suspended as a player had to be given CPR on the field and was taken away in an ambulance.

Announcers are saying all the humanitarian things, but IDK what will happen. The game has playoff implications for both teams, so cancelling it would be unprecedented. It could even give KC the #1 seed.

1 Like

Didn’t see it happen.
Just hope he makes it.
No way they could finish the game tonight.

1 Like

I didn’t see it live either.

I’m guessing they’ll suspend the game, but this late in the season, it’s going to be a logistical nightmare.

I don’t want this to be read wrong, cause I believe you feel the same way.

1. Some things are more important than a game.
  2. The NFL has more money than God, they can figure out the logistics.
1 Like

Yes on both.

Game suspended for the night.

I saw the replay and it didn’t look like much of a hit. I hope he lives and this is not the first death in a NFL game

1 Like

Helmet to the chest at speed looked harsh to me, not intentional of course.

It has happened before, but not from an injury.

Closest in my memory is Dennis Byrd.

I also remember Mike Utley with Detroit. Before that there was Darryl Stingley. I am sure there have been others. None of those players died as a direct result of their injuries.

I remember seeing a receiver (I think Michael Irving) come down directly on his head.
He bounced straight up and it was one of the scariest I had ever saw. It ended up being a perfect position where he wasn’t hurt at all.

Edit: it was Don Beebe

Here is some info on a possible cause

I wondered about that. This was mentioned in a TV show a while back, maybe Grey’s Anatomy.

Honestly…been a die hard sports fan for 30 years. This was a very tough thing to watch on TV. It reminded me of the Hank Gathers tragedy from the 1990 college basketball season. The fact that no positive news has been release in 2 hours is not good.

I’m thinking Reggie Lewis of the Boston Celtics which happened a year after Larry Bird retired

This article has a tweet from a person who says he is Hamlin’s marketing agent. I saw another tweet where the person said he did not know this person or how accurate the info was and that he would wait for the hospital to update Hamlin’s condition.

Update: The latest is that there will be no update from the hospital tonight.

NFL is on a conference call with sports reporters now, expect we’ll get info from that call.

The latest:
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Business profile picture

Buffalo Bills

@BuffaloBills

·

4m

Damar Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest following a hit in our game versus the Bengals. His heartbeat was restored on the field and he was transferred to the UC Medical Center for further testing and treatment. He is currently sedated and listed in critical condition.