America's Governor leading the way again

DeSantis is way smarter than most Republicans.

Rather than whining about the left’s systems, he uses those very systems against them. Applies compression & accelerates the energy burned through them, so that they are overused into ridiculousness.

Trump employed similar strategies to varying success. Hopefully DeSantis is smart enough not to hire John Bolton into his cabinet if he ever becomes president.

Best line of this thread!

OK, that’s a CA specific law, not HIPPA.

That is a travel situation which is the only time it makes sense. I assume a photoshopped vax card is good enough.

What world are you living in ?

The one where a guy like DeSantis is labeled America’s Governor.

After 9/11 Rudy (who has admittedly gone off the deep end) was known as “America’s Mayor” because of his leadership. If the media was honest, DeSantis actions during this time would be lauded and he would be anointed, but instead they make up stories about him.

Not a heavy lift there brobbs boy…

In never never land.

Because he recognized early on that shutting down the economy was stupid.

His biggest accomplishment was recognizing early on that the IMHE predictive model was garbage and anyone using it to determine policy was a moron.

America’s Governor is driving business away from Florida. It’s well known that many countries and cruise lines will demand proof of vaccination to travel and Florida’s new law says private companies can’t ask about vaccination.

So because DeSantis wants to endear himself to conservatives, I can’t take a cruise out of Florida.

So DeSantis believes so strongly that people, aka the great unwashed, aka Republicans, should be able to choose to not get vaccinated, while avoiding any repercussions from such a decision. On the other hand, businesses, in his belief, shouldn’t have the ability to protect their employees or customers, by requiring proof that their customers have been vaccinated.

So surprise, Norwegian cruise line may very well pull their ships from Florida, after Florida helped pay over 200 million last year, for a new port.

Sheer genius on the governor’s part.

“Breaking: Norwegian Cruise Line could pull ships from Florida if rule on…
The world’s third largest cruise company is prepared to pull its ships from Florida in the coming months if it has to comply with the state’s new law against…”

So here is the tough part of the equation. We have several vaccines that are NOT approved by the FDA and are technically experimental for emergency use. The results are indeed promising so far, but no one can deny the evaluation period is very short. This will obviously change with time and I am hopeful these will be approved in the near future. We have already seen cases where people getting the vaccine came down with the virus. We have also seen cases where people getting the vaccine have died. I think for the time being, the only requirement should be a negative test result before boarding.

That is expected with any vaccine. It’s to increase protection to help prevent infections. It doesn’t remove all risk.

If you’re vaccinated why do you care if someone isn’t? If the vaccine works you have nothing to worry about.

Actually that isn’t true at all. No model requires 100%

This is tough. I agree with the cruise lines but I respect not requiring it for land based things.

Cruise ships are small, cramped and have limited medical facilities.

A business has the right to protect their employees and I don’t have an issue since you’re not being denied a right.

You’re incorrect, and selfish. And others being vaccinated is even more important for older people who make up a large percentage of cruise enthusiasts.

Vaccinations are not 100% effective. On top of that, people who are immune compromised, let’s say because of cancer, may not be capable of producing antibodies, whether they’ve contracted the virus, or received the vaccine.

So it makes sense for the cruise lines to work towards the goal of having 100% of those onboard vaccinated.

That is a minuscule part is the population. Don’t make policy in reference to statistical blips.