America's Governor leading the way again

Can I ask anybody that enters my business the same questions they ask when I give blood to make sure there isn’t a chance of an HIV positive customer?

Again, HIPPA is wholly irrelevant. A lot of people seem to think HIPPA keeps anyone from sharing health info. The privacy provisions mostly apply to health care workers.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/cybersecurity/does-a-vaccine-passport-violate-hipaa-experts-weigh-in.html

DeSantis has had the most thought out response since day one, so yes.

If for some weird reasons, your business involved a blood exchange, yes.

Actually, either way, yes. HIPPA doesn’t prevent you from asking those questions, unless you also provide them health care. HIPPA applies to health care workers, not employers or businesses.

I know you’re a fan of his but I think you’re way off base. I can’t imagine any business demanding proof of vaccination and any that do have competitors that anti-vaxxers will go to instead. DeSantis is fixing a problem that doesn’t exist, all in the name of politics.

I’ll be honest, not sure I’d patronize a business that demands proof of vaccination. The only way I’d provide it is for travel purposes, it’s the only reason I’ve kept my card proving I had 2 Pfizer shots.

A business can ask a customer if they’ve tested negative for HIV or an STD?

If a customer is asked and refuses to answer can the business refuse to serve them?

Polls show that Republicans, especially young Republicans, are the most vaccine resistant. And, Republican states are vaccinating at a lower rate.

This American Life covered this in a recent episode. Frank Luntz, a Republican pollster, is doing focus groups trying to figure out how to convince Republicans to get the vaccine.

Medical conditions are a protected class, and how would a business enforce that you be vaccinated to do business with them?

Young people are the least needing of the vaccine.

That’s my point, they won’t do it. And if they did I’d take my business elsewhere even though I’m vaccinated.

Which would be relevant if they were hermits living in a cave. Separate caves for each of them.

But we’ve covered this already, even Joe Rogan admits he was wrong.

If a mask, the vaccine and social distancing protect you and others and you’re obeying like a good lemming why do you care if others aren’t?

His point is that herd immunity only works if everybody does it.

You should sit down and listen Bears, the adults are talking and you should be respectful.

I am not saying they shouldn’t get vaccinated, both my kids are vaccinated, but they are in a miniscule risk area.

But wearing a mask while vaccinated does nothing to help herd immunity.
I actually is sending a backwards message.

I love watching leftists cry. Nourishes my soul.

No. In California you may not ask about hiv status.

It has special protections under the law.

Just this morning I was looking into a couple of back country hiking trips. One of the statements in the descriptions was that “completed vaccinations are required for all tours.” I haven’t asked how that is to be demonstrated.

Vaccination card.