Virectomy

has anyone had a virectomy. i went to the ophthalmologist today and and having the surgery next week

has anyone known someone that has had one?

Is that a surgery to remove floaters, or something more serious? I occasionally get floaters, which are more noticeable after cataract removal. My doc said floaters could be surgically removed, but they will likely return.

I have

uveitis which is inflammation of the eye they tried several things to get rid of them, but but it came back came so they want to take a biopsy of my vitreous fluid to find out what is causing the inflammation or not causing it so they can treat it

i I also had brain cancer earlier this year that was successfully treated with radiation, but I was told that brain cancer normally doesn’t start in the brain and the doctors think there may be cancer somewhere else in this body so that is another reason why they want to do the vitrectomy