US open probes on tesla Autopilot

That’s the problem with using media reports as evidence. It leads you to distorted conclusions.

Kc seems to think the car is driving itself and it’ll track bicyclist for execution.

Not at all how the system works currently. It’s a smart cruise control.

You also see fewer Tesla’s than “average cars”. Think that might have something to do with it? And these stupid people we can’t fix? They are pretty clever at finding ways around the “autopilot safety features” such as wedging an orange on the steering wheel or hanging a weight from the bottom of the steering wheel so that they can take full advantage of all the potential of “autopilot”. My car can’t be hacked with a piece of fruit.

I get it…Tesla is cutting edge and cool…and Elon Musk’s farts don’t stink. But naming something “autopilot” in a car is pretty fucking stupid…no matter how cool the car might be.

No.

Neither can the Tesla

I read an article of a person who hacked autopilot by wedging an orange in the steering wheel. It tricked autopilot. Fruit won’t trick mine.

You do realize most modern cars have the same feature? Right?

While people rave about it. It’s similar to what most other cars have.

I guess they all DO have the same “let off the steering wheel and let’s crash” feature. But I think Tesla has a copyright on “autopilot”. Those hacks hurt worse

No, every car brand has something similar. Tesla is just the most safe

I’ve predicted since the beginning that the driverless car revolution would be slowed down to a crawl or even a halt by state & local governments declining to pay for the necessary road quality improvements/investments to make this technology work safely & effectively.

I am sticking with that prediction. This has borderline unrealistic infrastructure implications that the tech enthusiasts are not thinking about.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@kcflyer

Thought this would be a good read for you since all cars have this issue. It isn’t just a Tesla issue

Yikes that doesn’t look good.

It’s the same issue with all the systems. Tesla is switching to vision to avoid it.

I’ve never had the issue but I know the limits of the system.

I’m not a fan of ANY self driving car or truck. But Tesla goes to the top of the list for their ill conceived name “Autopilot”. I’m even more uncomfortable after watching a video of a Beta version that will work on city streets. It didn’t perform that well…but persevere. Starting at a fucking smartphone seems to be the normal way to drive now…“Autopilot” will just encourage more.

And I’d be just as pissed if a car behind me turned and a Tesla, Volvo, or any other self driving wonder car has that “glitch” and mows me down.

They all have similar names. Why I gave you an article to read.

“Pilot Assist” implies that the system will assist the driver. “Autopilot” implies that the car will drive itself. Piss poor name.

WM, maybe you can help with this. I have a Nema 14-50 outlet and adapter. It’s supposed to charge at 32 amps (about 35mph), but after a few minutes, it switches to 16 amps, taking twice as long. Not sure what’s going on.

My understanding is that means you’re not wired correctly. You may Need a different breaker.

Now this could all be wrong but I’ve been told as the circuit heats up, that charging will slow. It does that to avoid fires. The wire can be the wrong gauge or the circuit breaker can be wrong.

The Tesla should be on its own circuit.

Here is the specs from Tesla