Toyota Resisting EV's

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/climate/hybrids-evs-toyota-climate-impact-int/index.html

They do have the Mirai. That would be my car when we have the hydrogen infrastructure in the 2040s and right when the flying car begins to be in production. By 2060, both will be in widescale use

How much did Obama pay Musk to build its Tesla EV charging network? Had gas stations been given this $$$ to build a hydrogen infrastructure, would the Mirai be in wide-scale phase

I dunno where the hydrogen is going. Probably not in my lifetime. But I do believe that Toyota was correct in their strategy to not dive in all the way to the EV swamp. It is showing to be true now that EV sales are tanking because more people are realizing that usage of them is limited and there is a lot of smoke and mirrors in purported EV benefits.

The hybrid, however, is awesome. Wish I had bought one years ago. Now with 3 years on an Avalon, I am still getting almost 40 mpg. That is pretty cool for a car that large.

2 Likes

Our 2014 Toyota Prius V is almost 10 years old, drives as well as the day we bought it, has no significant problems and gets 40 + MPG.

Since I am 85 and my wife is her 80’s this is probably our last car.

You are still young

Have you thought of running for president?

:grinning:

I think hybrids are one of those things people either love or hate. Ford is doing well with the hybrid Maverick and I’d consider one if available in AWD.

Yes, but I have not been indited 29 times so I can’t qualify with MAGA.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.