This company thinks its plastic alternative can help solve climate change

For companies around the world and across industries, sustainability has rapidly gone from a nice-to-have to a business imperative. Global brands including Amazon, McDonald's, Ikea and General Motors have announced ambitious plans to eliminate single-use plastics, reduce carbon emissions and otherwise shrink their environmental footprint in various ways.![|1x1](upload://6w7HOLoKuTDtEXRteNiYA53kW94.gif)
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_tech/~3/nJq0rNAYNhk/index.html

I don’t know if it will effect the climate, but it will reduce pollution which is always a good thing.

Corn producers in the Midwest have been trying to produce a corn based “plastic” for years with corn by products to no avail.

There are a few. I don’t know much about them but I’ve seen them.

We recycle pretty much everything, and the biggest in volume is plastic. I can’t believe how much petroleum products must be used in plastic container manufacture. I don’t see that going way, even if gas and oil production is slowed.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.