The world's departure from organized religion

The world’s departure from organized religion

I consider this a positive development.

1 Like

Simultaneously crime, homelessness, addictions, single parent homes and mental illness continue their upward projections.

But surely there is no correlation.

1 Like

Those people are probably suffering from being forced as children to go to church and be taught at a very young age to feel nothing but shame, guilt, for any thoughts they may have as humans and be punished by burning in hell fire for eternity.

1 Like

"“There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor,
Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and
love of the Fatherland.”
[Message, signed Hitler, painted on walls of
concentration camps; Life, August 21, 1939]

“Woman’s world is her husband, her family, her children and her home.
We do not find it right when she presses into the world of men.”
[Adolph Hitler, quoted in Lucy Komisar, The New Feminism]"

“Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious
instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation
is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be
derived from faith . . . we need believing people.”
[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933, from a speech made during
negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordant of 1933]

“I believe today that my conduct is in accordance
with the will of the Almighty Creator.”
[Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf, pp. 46]

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”
[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

“Their synagogues … should be set on fire.”

“Their homes should be broken down and destroyed.
They ought to be put under one roof or in a stable,
like Gypsies, in order that they may realize that
they … are … but miserable captives.”

“They should be deprived of their prayerbooks and Talmuds.”

“Their rabbis must be forbidden under threat of death
to teach any more.”
[Martin Luther]

“The Jews are the most miserable people on earth. They are plagued
everywhere, and scattered about all countries, having no certain
resting place. They sit as on a wheelbarrow, without a country, people
or government… but they are rightly served, for seeing they refused
have Christ and his gospel, instead of freedom they must have servitude.”
[Martin Luther]

Weather you like it or accept it… You’re going to worship something.

At best they went to the wrong church

Which has nothing to do with my first reply.

I don’t think organized religion itself makes someone a better person but its values such as honesty does. However I think a person can be very ethical without participating in an organized religion.

1 Like

For years I was told I was going to the wrong church. I was Catholic. The “right” churches were overwhelmingly protestant.

The church I was raised in until the age of 10 was protestant Assembly of God. They spoke in tongues and acted like they were in convulsions and scared of shit out of me as a small child. I watched my mother put her las dime in the collection plate. The only good thing I can remember is Sunday school class taught Jesus loved ALL the children whether they were yellow, black or white.

The one thing I’m still curious about as an adult, is the minister was a woman Now this was in the 50’s and women weren’t allowed to do much of anything and still to this day some churches won’t allow a woman pastor.

As an adult I won’t step foot in a church.

[quote=“BridgeMaven, post:9, topic:73353”] I
don’t think organized religion itself makes someone a better person but its values such as honesty does. However I think a person can be very ethical without participating in an organized religion.
[/quote]

As I pointed out earlier most of the people in prison are religious.

Or…they had a terrible up bringing by irresponsible parents…likely did not have both parents.

Which indicates there are more people that believe than don’t.

Glad to hear that “What other people believe” is your standard for acceptance of belief.

I prefer the standards of the National Academy of Science and the equivalent organizations in Asia and Europe.

No Member of the above organizations have ever published any information related to testable evidence of any deity and they never will.

Life is a complex electro-chemical event of limited duration and we share the same fate as our pets and the cockroaches in the wall.

I wounder if the cockroaches gather around and give thanks to the Great Cockroach in the Sky?

Like I said earlier people will worship something… some people worship the state some worship their creator.

I’ve lost count of the number of anti-religion threads you have started going back to and including the CHB. So who is it that has the problem with freedom of choice and the constitution?

You are free to believe anything as long as you do not mandate it for others.

Religions have a long history of trying to improve themselves on others.

From ChatGPT

"Here are a few examples of religions that have historically been associated with attempts to impose their beliefs on others:

Christianity: Throughout history, various Christian denominations and groups have engaged in missionary activities, colonization, and conversion efforts. The spread of Christianity often involved efforts to convert indigenous peoples in different parts of the world, sometimes through force or coercion.

Islam: Islam, like Christianity, has a history of expansion through military conquest, trade, and missionary activities. The Islamic Caliphates, for example, expanded through the Middle East, North Africa, and parts of Europe. However, it’s important to note that many Muslims reject violence and seek peaceful coexistence with other religions.

Buddhism: While Buddhism is often associated with non-violence and tolerance, there have been instances in history where Buddhist kingdoms and rulers expanded their territories and sought to spread Buddhism through force. The spread of Buddhism to Tibet, for instance, involved military campaigns.

Hinduism: Hinduism has a complex history, and it has sometimes been associated with efforts to promote its beliefs within the Indian subcontinent. The caste system and social hierarchies in India have, at times, been used to maintain religious dominance.

Sikhism: Sikhism emerged in response to religious conflicts between Hindus and Muslims in the Indian subcontinent. While Sikhs have faced persecution themselves, there have been instances of Sikh rulers imposing their faith on others through conquest.

Confucianism: Confucianism, primarily a philosophy rather than a religion, influenced Chinese culture and governance for centuries. In some periods of Chinese history, Confucian principles were enforced through state power and examinations, which could be seen as a form of imposing certain beliefs on society.

It’s crucial to remember that the actions and behaviors of religious groups and individuals vary widely within each religion. Many adherents of these religions promote peaceful coexistence, tolerance, and respect for diversity. Historical actions that involved the imposition of religious beliefs often occurred within specific historical and political contexts, and they may not represent the beliefs or actions of all members of a particular faith. Additionally, many religious traditions have evolved over time, adapting to changing social and ethical norms."

Then why the continual new threads that are anti-religion? You’re obviously hung up on the establishment clause and freedom of choice.

Thats good to hear. …it confirms that I will not refer to anyone by their alternate reality gender.

As I have said many times, a good number of people want government to be the father they never had, and the God they don’t believe in.

Leftists say they are not religious, but mostly it is a lie. Lately environmentalism has become their religion, or cultural Marxism.