what supplements do you take for your health
Creatine. Vitamin d.
Same, plus I’ll use protein powder when I don’t enough from food.
Multi vitamin, Vitamin D, probiotic, and lutein & zeaxanthin (eye health)
Technically so do I. I
Scotch
Most supplements aren’t worth taking. I do take some calcium. I’ve heard good things about magnesium for sleep.
True, I only started taking vitamin D because my last blood test showed it being very low. The doctor prescribed a mega dose for I think 5 weeks, and now I just take an over-the-counter pill every other day or so. I also think creatine does something to benefit me and it’s cheap.
We’ve been eating pumpkin seeds more, which are a good source of magnesium. I also eat four or five Brazil nuts everyday, they’re a good source of selenium.
Go for the high end magnesium. Otherwise it’s a laxative.
Some supplements are garbage and some are worth it.
In the PNW vitamin D is critical. In Southern California. It’s a waste for most people.
Creatine is think is worth the juice.
Another one I take is Neo40.
Vitamins D & B and Folic Acid.
I have neuropathy in my feet and have been taking Pregabalin for it, but never noticed much improvement. But a couple of weeks ago I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid and I have noticed a significant improvement. A friend of mine has been having sciatia problems and I gave her some - she also noticed an improvement. I’m am stepping down on the pregabalin and will be off it completely in about a week, but even with a much lower dose, I have a lot of relief with the neuropathy.
I-started to take lions mane a month ago an-hour before i go to sleep. It helps me to go to sleep and if I wake up during the night to go to the bathroom it helps me to fall back to sleep
How much testing have they done so far on you?
Do you have diabetes?
Yes, it’s “diabetic neuropathy”…I’m in that “pre diabetes/diabetes” range…not on insulin but have to watch my A1C.
With all that biking you do, this is surprising. I would think you were in pretty good shape. A reminder that diabetes isn’t always about that.
Well..I’ve been riding since 2015 and riding a lot since 2019, but prior to 2015 I did about every bad thing a person can do to their body. So I’m paying the price today. My heart and liver resuts are all good…but I’m just such a sweet guy that my blood sugar is always on teh high side.
But I looked at the Lion’s mane that BM mentions - I ordered some since it’s supposed to help with blood sugar (and nerve pain) as well.
Multi, whey protein, creatine.
Homebrew, 4%.![]()
That is how you grew so old and wise.
It does sort of taste like medicine.