Second Moderna shot

Awesome to hear and the one shot wonder.

My daughter got the J&J shot this week, and was knocked out that evening and the entire next day. Between her experience with that and my wife’s with Moderna, I probably won’t take either of those. My work offered shots this week, but didn’t know in advance which ones they would be. I passed in part because they couldn’t say what shot they were, and in part because I’m not at high risk anyway (I’d prefer that older people get it first, if they want it). Even when I go back to work, I have an office with a door, and hardly anyone comes in.

And then we have this tragedy:

It was her second Moderna shot.

I’m an overweight old man and my resting heart rate is about 55

I hate you!
Mine hovers in the low to mid 60’s.
It spiked to over 70 after my shot

I’m not even 40 and I don’t think I’m that low. Looks like all those biking miles are doing some good things.

Wife and I got our second Pfizer shot Thursday morning. Neither of us had much of a reaction from the first excepting the wife having a bit of soreness in the vaccinated arm. Second was the same for me, although my wife has had a bit of a headache yesterday and today, relieved with Advil. (Edit: Perhaps there was a vaccine reaction. I’ve had little interest in participating on this forum the last few days, and am beginning to feel just bit smarter already… hmmm. I might report that to Pfizer as a possible off-label application).

I suspect she has headaches often. She is married to you.

Try to avoid the Advil. It’s not recommend to take it after the vaccine. There are concerns it’ll lower the effectiveness of the vaccine. I think it’s overly cautious but no reason to buck caution to the wind.

You can do a quick google to see if the protocol has changed but that’s what we were told a few months ago.

The last opinion I read or heard was that it’s not recommend to prime yourself with Advil, Tylenol, etc. before taking the vaccine. The person who administered my shot recommended using either for symptoms after the vaccine. Wifey didn’t take anything until nearly a day post-vaccine.

The advice varies because it’s an opinion. As in this hasn’t been tested l, as such we are taking a swag

Early on France said nsaid were causing more violent reactions and I’ll admit I didn’t hear much afterwards. Typically we’d use Tylenol to reduce the fever. Nsaid is normally for an injury.

The only recommendation was two days.

As I said I think it’s overly cautious but I believe when getting vaccinated it’s better to error is the side of caution.

I just had a sinus procedure done. Something in the protocol change with that as well. Typically they’d pack you with gauze and give you ibuprofen. It increases bleeding but lower inflammation.

Now they don’t do that. They have me Tylenol and put in what looks like gelatin sponges. No ibuprofen I assume since we don’t have the large gauze pack.

The point being they change things all the time based on new science or just a new hunch. I was told the ibuprofen was also removed because of Covid

Not sure if this translates to the vaccine, but fwiw my doc told me to take ibuprofen liberally as needed when I was infected & symptomatic.