Score one for Wisconsin deadbeats

Nothing like shutting down public access to public records.

1 Like

As a landlord myself…I can’t agree with the decision to erase tenant history. I want to have all of the information available to me when I make a decision about renting to a prospective tenant.

1 Like

Look most records it should age off. I think seven years would be good.

Seven years seems reasonable. My landlord buddy looks back 5 years and requires a good credit score, around 750 or higher. He puts his requirements in his ad’s to save both of them time but still gets a lot of unqualified applicants.

I will not rent to anyone who has an eviction. Too much risk. Credit score isn’t as important since often it’s medical bills. As long as their car and home are never late, I think they are a good risk.

No evictions, no criminal records and no aggressive dog breeds for me. I agree on credit score, which is why its important to see the details behind the number. This ruling removes that ability…

I don’t allow pets at all.

A criminal record is a depends. I have never had an applicant with a record but a FTA I would let slide.

Any violent crime I would not. We have to many laws on the books for me to use that as an absolute.