Recent Vacation

Recently spend 7 days in Cancun.
Some random thoughts.
Shout out to my US Rep’s office for getting our passports in time (2 days before we left).
Beautiful weather, hot, but a cool breeze off the ocean was awesome.
Food was amazing, but the resort was more tailored towards “party” than we like, we enjoy evening events that are more fun and relax oriented.
Had an 80 minute swedish massage for the first time ever, 10 out of 10, HIGHLY recommend.

1 Like

I never had a bad massage.

I thought 80 minutes would be too long, but it was amazing.

1 Like

Was there a 10 minute happy ending?

Lol, Mexico, not Thailand

So how long did it take to get them from the day you mailed them off ?? Also, did you pay for expedited service ?

Daughter and SIL left on a trip yesterday. Ordered her passport 4 months ago. Had to get her congressman involved about 2 weeks ago. It was delivered on Sunday, special delivery. Your government at work.

6 weeks, and yes paid for expediated and overnight delivery.

I had been hearing CH talk about the backlog before we had to get ours last year, so we planned ahead of time. Went pretty quickly for us.

When I was talking to the staff at our Congressman’s office, she said there are people that applied in January who did not pay for expediated that still don’t have theirs.

Just proves the point that being dependent on the government is a bad place to be…

2 Likes

Whom other than government would you like to handle passports?

I thought the same thing, but it really needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Lol…the government can’t keep millions of illegals out and you’re worried about passports. :joy:

that is what the thread is about.

Why bother with a passport, you could have just walked across the border, nobody would stop you.

A private company could most likely handle passports more efficiently.

Ummmmm…
I am as Libertarian as almost anybody, and even I think this is a bad idea.

That isn’t the point…the point is that the government doesn’t really do anything well and this is just another example.

The thing that confuses me is this is basically a data entry process.
There really isn’t some highly secret process that can only be performed by a select group of people.

I’m not sure what the problem is at this point. I know Trump had understaffed State, then Covid, but both of those should be resolved by now.

But, like I said, ours came in a reasonable time frame.