Puns part 3

1 Like

Is there a meme out there about people who don’t know the difference between a border and boarder? :grinning:

Roomer has it there is but I haven’t been able to find it. :blush:

1 Like

2 Likes

That reminds me of a few years ago, when Ron Currie, one of my favorite writers, broke down an 80s song, hilariously.

https://www.salon.com/2013/12/29/all_i_want_to_do_is_make_love_to_you_breaking_down_the_80s_silliest_song/

I remember listening to the words of that song and thinking how effed up it was.

My kids love the “Pina Colada Song”, and about a year ago it came on the radio with my daughter in the car and she finally really “listened” to the words and said, “they were trying to cheat on each other”.

1 Like

I’m sure that song is how real life would play out. Yeah, we were both trying to cheat on each and as a result fell in love all over again!

That song is actually called Escape, another heartwarming tidbit to the story. I’m a bit of a Yacht Rock fan.

Sometimes, as Currie said, you’re just supposed to listen to Ann Wilson’s lovely voice and ignore the lyrics.

Kristofferson liked to tell the story of his 5YO son coming into the room while he was practicing “The Silver Tongued Devil and I” and chastising him that “You’re trying to blame your problems on someone else.” Later, the kid would learn that the two were pretty close.

How close is “Yacht Rock” to “Trop Rock”?

I’ve never heard that term. When I had a boat I played exclusively yacht rock on it. Some hated it, some got into it and are still into it.

I looked up “Yacht Rock” on Spotify.
One of the playlists that came up was “White Dad Summer BBQ” playlist.
They are not the same.
Trop Rock is mostly beach bum music.

That would make sense, stuff like Jimmy Buffet. Which I cannot stand, and I know you’re a parrothead. Obviously.

Spotify took me into a deep dive on Trop Rock.
I listen to music by people that most have never heard of.
Jimmy is my go to, but I actually don’t really listen to him much anymore.

1 Like

1 Like