Powerball. I WON!

I donate money to my church as well as other worthy charities that truly help people. Our church has a food pantry to help needy people, by the way. Helping people kick a life of sin is the best way to improve their lot in life, by the way. Much better than sending them a government check every month for doing nothing.

You must have missed it that the deduction for all charitable contritubitions extended post-COVID has been ended. I saved no money on taxes on my charitable contributions last year.

You ridicule someone for donating to charity??? There are some real slimeballs living in California.

This coming from a man who made derogatory statements because people buy a lottery ticket. :joy: :clown_face:

People with limited incomes and education, many of whose families lack sufficient grocery money. That is what the store owners tell me.

1 Like

You talk politics with a wide variety of people, do you ever really NOT talk politics?

While I don’t play the lottery, I look at it as a victimless crime and personal freedom issue. Somebody wants to spend half their paycheck on scratchers, that’s not my problem. Actually it helps me because my kids got free pre-k and zell miller scholarship in Georgia, funded by the lottery.

Talking about the virtues of investing versus playing the lottery is a discussion of economics, NOT politics.

Let those with the financial means to pay their bills pay the lottery to their hearts’ content.

You sure learn a lot from your patients conversating with you while you have tools and your hands in their mouth. All I can do at the dentist is grunt. :joy:

Silly you! The art of being a good healer is LISTENING. One has to KNOW one’s patients personally before one makes the first incision.

Part of the new patient process is an interview with me, sometimes lengthy. It starts with a review of their health, but often the conversation takes a detour. I often encounter lonely people who have no one to confide in. They come to offices like mine because I have time to converse with them, both before and after treatment. It is the same advantage a radio host has, really. I get to hear about experiences from hundreds of patients every year. They tell me what bothers them, their biggest problems, their biggest worries, without judgement from me. I only provide advice on non-dental matters when asked to.

By the way, about 45% of my patients are black, 18% Hispanic, 5% oriental. It is not like I have a WASP patient population. The one group I DON’T have is welfare patients, although one paid me cash the other day because he was so disgusted by a Medicaid provider.