One can only imagine how much worse the pandemic would be,

The CDC also said last May if you’re fully vaccinated you don’t need to wear a mask…until they flip flopped and said you do. If the CDC, Fauci or Biden told you to jump off a bridge we all know you would.

So, the CDC director makes one exaggerated comment about masks and vaccines (which turned out to be more effective, at least for a while, than he predicted) and extended into official CDC policy for 18 months.

If you are going to focus on that little slip of mine, fine.
But you get the broader point.
The CDC has made some glaring fucking miscalculations since the pandemic began, and there is legitimate research that they refuse to acknowledge.

1 Like

Looking at the mask lie Fauci told in March/April 2020 (yes mcarley I know Fauci is not CDC), it wouldn’t surprise me if these were not miscalculations but outright conscious lies.

These folks have demonstrated they do not feel it is wrong to lie to the public if they think they can justify it as necessary strategic misleading.

That’s a dangerous game & a slippery slope. The (non-ultra-left-wing) public is losing patience with these people and their doublespeak.

It’s worse with your boy in the White House, when can we expect his resignation?

“Anyone who’s responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America,” Biden said in the opening remarks of the showdown that comes just 12 days before the election.

Your exaggeration is bigger than his, but it’s a little slip.

The CDC is staffed by humans and as such, they’ll make mistakes. Look at other sources as well.

Anybody that cites “another source” that isn’t lockstep with the CDC or NIH is considered a “conspiracy theorist”.

1 Like

You have no idea how science works, do you?
Maybe the experts weren’t spot on, immediately. But, when new, and better information comes along, they update their recommendations.

Contrast that with the antivaxers, who latch onto false information, run with it, and continue running with it, no matter what.

And to say suggesting putting on a mask is a good comparison to following someone’s suggestion to jump off a bridge, is beyond nutty. A wild guess here, is that no one has died from putting on a mask.

Fauci has admitted that some of his recommendations are driven by poll numbers.

Well, that’s political science.