Not a huge Rodgers fan........but

He lied to the public. There’s a good chance he would not have tested positive if he was vaccinated, which is kinda the point. He cost his team.

Everyone that mattered knew what his vax status was.
He skirted around the issue when the media asked him the question.
Which is why this bum of a “journalist” is so pissed. He thinks he is bigger than the game.

Rodgers should become a democrat president then his lies wouldn’t matter to you.

He didn’t skirt the issue. He lied. He knew exactly what he was doing. Changing vaccinated to innoculated doesn’t change that.

As for the MVP vote, that’s not especially relevant. What matters is his choice cost his team.

It is relevant to an MVP voter.
Who is literally only voting against Rodgers because he isn’t vaccinated.

We don’t know that.

Yes, it’s possible that he could have tested positive had he been vaccinated, but it’s substantially less likely. I see no problem with an MVP voter taking that into account, particularly has his absence cost his team a game.

It was a short question with a long-winded example. :slight_smile:

I will say that I disagree with you here in that I question how valuable a player is to his team if he is not available to the team due to his conduct, stupidity, etc. (Again, this is not a reference to Rodgers.)

And, something similar to my hypothetical example did take place in 1980, with the only difference being that Ken Stabler was not a candidate for MVP:

I fuckiing loved the Snake!!!

I too loved him.

And, as I have mentioned before, I hated the Pittsburgh Steelers big-time. Back in the late 1970s the Houston Oilers were the Steelers’ biggest rival and threat, and I ended up rooting for them by default. I remember when the Oilers traded for Stabler and he was supposed to finally put the Oilers over the top, and I also remember that game that they lost to the Jets. My brother was and is a Steelers’ fan, and he never let me hear the end of it about that one.

As much as I hate to admit it, objectively I do not believe that Stabler belongs in the Hall of Fame. He had two great years and some good ones, but overall his career numbers don’t merit a spot. Of course, he is hardly the only quarterback that one can say that about either.

On a related note, I remember reading his book that he wrote after he had retired but before he was eligible for the Hall of Fame. He talked about what an honor it would be for him to be inducted on the first ballot, and he said it as if it was a done thing. As it turned out, he was not inducted until after he passed. And, back to his book, he told a lot of stories about other players that should have stayed in the locker room, and John Matuzak called him out on that later on.

Good to know you are a fan of Jake Plummer, QB and even better handball player.

I became a lifelong Oiler/Titans fan when the first MNF game I remember watching was Earl Campbell running over the Miami Dolphins in 1978.
I almost cried when Dyson didn’t score in 2000.

Have you seen Campbell these days? He is a virtual cripple. His running style definitely took a toll on him.

I remember that game too. They called it the “Relocation Bowl” since both teams had recently relocated. It was fun reading all of the sour grapes letters about Georgia Frontiere in the LA Times sports page following that game.

I saw a special on ESPN (I think) several years ago.
I literally did cry when I saw how bad his legs were.

Fun fact about Campbell.
When the NFL went on strike, I remember watching an interview with him saying he had invested his money so well that it didn’t matter.
To paraphrase his statement ‘I just went from putting my uniform on to putting my suit on and going to my office downtown’.

From memory, he was the best QB in the league the last two minutes of the game.