New-Wave Reactor Tehnology

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/01/climate/nuclear-small-modular-reactors-us-russia-china-climate-solution-intl/index.html

Well good for the Russians. Power solutions instead of boondogles.

Meanwhile we tilt at windmills and solar, neither of which can produce steady power, and both of which have enormous upkeep. We shut down working power plants while demanding that people buy electric cars and increase the demand for electric power. Now that is insane! We need more reliable power, not less.

There is no doubt that the so-called renewable methods will fail to produce the necessary megawattage. Therefore, there must be usage of fossil fuels to bridge the gap and charge the Teslas. Natural gas ought to be the top choice as we have an abundance (if Brandon would allow) and clean coal should also be kept online.

I think we have more nukes in our future, not less. The small reactor solution could indeed help, as could thorium cycle reactors.

I read this a few days ago, technology looks interesting. China and Russia may be further along but I’ll definitely trust the American version of this reactor.

Delaying prompt action on the manmade portion of climate change has sorta put Nuke back into the picture in a big way. Even with it’s well-know downsides, it’s probably the only option left that can be implemented in time to save the planet. Waste and the dangers of plant meltdowns, etc. are small potatoes compared to the horrors in store if fossil fuels continue to play a large part in our energy needs.

Are you living the Amish life?

I’ve lost track of the number of doom dates that have come and gone. What’s the next one?

2 Likes

I would take climate change more seriously if the the people whining about it actually put their money where their mouths were instead of just telling others what to do.

2 Likes

Australia is trying something new and different as a fix to stop reef bleaching form increased sunshine.

I remember a decade or more ago when a similar solution was suggested as a measure to reduce global warming. Because it was a simple and inexpensive fix, perhaps temporary, many laughed and pooh poohed it (including, I think, the eminent climatologist Al Gore). As a result, the idea went nowhere.

This cannot be understated. When the people screaming doom and gloom live in the 10,000 stft homes with heated pools and fly on private jets then lecture me that my gas guzzling car is destroying the planet can go pound sand.

How do I know the sea rising in a giant scam? Obama buys multi million beach front home after spending his 8 years telling me how I am the problem and were all going to die in 10 years.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.