More Vintage Photos

This is a circa 1944 photo a person who subsequently became very famous. Who is he?

I googled, so I wonā€™t post, but I was surprised. Iā€™m not good at guessing people from faces anyway, but Iā€™d have never gotten this.

1 Like

Jimmy Carter, no google did I

2 Likes

Not going to post a photo yet because it would give it away.

Trivia question: what famous boxer attended the christening of the child of what famous country singer?

Hint: the baby christened is now a musician and producer himself. And his motherā€™s name is not Lisa.

Dammit!! I know that song!!
I just canā€™t think of it and I wonā€™t cheat.

As far as the hint is concerned, knew of the song. (Iā€™m not Lisa"). Did not know who sings it though.

Sheā€™s done a lot of great stuff beyond that song. Her 2017 album was based on the book of Psalms, though I doubt that helps anyone.

Funny story. Once I was sending out a message at work and copied and pasted most of it from my bossā€™s message at the time, her name being Lisa and I accidentally left her name at the bottom. I had to send out a reply message, reminding people that ā€œIā€™m not Lisaā€ and I used the song as reference. (Probably at least half my colleagues didnā€™t know the song).

Is it Lorrie Morgan?

No. I mentioned a famous country singer in the first post on it; actually both parents of the child being christened were famous country singers, and no it wasnā€™t Lorrie Morgan and Keith Whitley. Think a bit older.

Hint: another country singer was actually friends with the boxer first and introduced him to the other as they were friends and collaborators, sometimes travelling on highways.

Donā€™t know the boxer or child, but was the famous singer married to two well known performers?

Hmmā€¦the male of the couple was married four times, only the last was famous. The female member of the couple was married twice, the first also being to a well known performer. Her first husband is in the rock HOF, though I donā€™t hear his name that much recently.

Jessi Colter and Scooter Jennings.
Still thinking of the boxer.

Yes, the baby was Shooter, the mom was Jessi. The dad you didnā€™t name was the singer I originally was thinking of. Kristofferson introduced him to the boxer. W. admired the boxer because he often went his own way and had paid the price for it, much like W.

I donā€™t know why if said Scooter, duh.

Ali?

Bingo.

Who is the actor and actress in this 1967 photo

Dustin Hoffman?

1 Like