May humor

2 Likes

I guessed that, can’t think of the word that rhymes. Maybe it doesn’t rhyme in the south, :smiley:

Protect your family jewels.

Nope, doesn’t rhyme in the south!

Good point. What rhymes with “pecan” depends on where you’re from.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t get your comment. “Mules” “Jewels”. What’s not to rhyme? (I live in North Carolina)

Different tongues and different ears.

Oldie but still a goodie…

1 Like

3 Likes

I was out with a couple buddies on Record Store Day a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how many younger people were shopping for records.

1 Like

Record is an acceptable term, but many of us would call it an LP. That stands for long playing record. Record was use more often for a 45, with one song on each side.

And, a record also applies to a CD. Though people might be more inclined to use the word album.

I’ll accept “LP”, but Record is more descriptive.

When you were a kid. What did they call those wax cylinders people used ?

1 Like

Zing. Good one. I miss Geez’s avatar from the CH board.

Speaking of CDs, it occurs to me that CDs enjoyed the shortest widespread popularity than any of the other recorded standards, even though they had the greatest durability and some would argue the best highest fidelity. My theory would be that CDs might have occupied the top spot for much longer if they had been package in album covers similar in size and quality as LPs. The photos, art and liner notes on many of the LPs were often treasures in themselves.