LIV vs. PGA

I don’t know if anyone else follows this, but the rogue breakaway tour just merged with the PGA.

There are some alleged “journalists” that either need to rethink their profession or offer deep, sincere apologies for their past (very recent past) statements.

I admit that I don’t follow golf all that much and don’t know all of the ins and outs of this issue. I just know that LIV was created and funded with money from Saudi Arabia and that several golfers moved to the LIV tour. And, while only one actually said it, the biggest reason they all moved was for the money. I also understood that the LIV tour was lighter than the PGA both in terms of tournaments per year and holes per tournament, and that the players were guaranteed a payout regardless as to how high they finished. I also understood that things were not that great between the PGA and LIV.

With that said, can you enlighten those like me who don’t know much about how some alleged journalists missed the mark and owe some an apology.

The “journalists” claimed that the LIV Tour was “sportswashing” Saudi’s atrocities.
While ignoring that Tiger Woods, among others, have taken guaranteed money for playing in tournaments in the Middle East.
The main culprit is Brandel Chamblee.

I follow golf pretty closely and was completely shocked by this merger. I think it includes the European and Asian tours as well. So now we are looking at 1 giant world tour. I will wait to read the fine print before deciding if its good for golf. Im generally not a big fan of monopolies…

Trump was not shocked. Flashback: Donald Trump predicted the PGA-LIV merger a year ago - The Spectator World

Blockquote All those golfers who remain “loyal” to the very disloyal PGA, in all its different forms, will pay a big price when the inevitable MERGER with LIV comes, and you get nothing but a big “thank you” from PGA officials who are making Millions of Dollars a year. If you don’t take the money now, you will get nothing after the merger takes place, and only say how smart the original signees were. Good luck to all, and congratulations to the really talented Cam Smith on his incredible WIN!

I haven’t followed it much, but am slightly surprised given that SA’s record of brutality was a big part of the issue. I guess that all gets swept aside now?

Agreed, but it was one prior to LIV.

It was feigned outrage.
SA is involved in a multitude of sports globally and nobody bats an eye.
But start paying players a shit ton more money and giving them more control over their careers and all of a sudden we have to make up a new term “sportswashing”.
Hell, look how the world basically ignored how Qatar got the World Cup and how the stadiums got built.

Of course…all of the professional leagues are…except maybe wrestling and MMA.

I guess you could also say the USFL-Reboot is competition for NFL, but not really…

The UFC is the big dog in MMA, but recently the heavyweight champ walked away, and signed a gigantic contract with another league.

Less than two minutes in before I realized this clown has the IQ of a turnip.
Couldn’t watch the whole thing.

You should have watched the whole thing you might have learned something new, but what ever.

Less than a minute in, before even talking about golf, he was saying stuff that was wrong.

Credit where due, Chamblee is sticking to his opinion.

So Rory didn’t believe in what he was saying, he was just a shill for the PGA brass