Is this a question worth "masking"?

Or maybe you need to stay on topic. The topic was Covid and mask.

They also wear them when they are sick so that they minimize the chances of getting others sick. Because what i find from conservatives - if it’s not 100%, then it’s a waste of time.

Read the article I posted. it talks about why the Japanese wear mask.

There is no evidence a cloth mask stop you from getting sick or others. It’s a fairy tale.

We should focus on things known to work and not fairy tales

Where did I say anything about a cloth mask?

That is what everyone else is talking about. A surgical mask is the same as a cloth mask in stopping Covid.

The article clearly explains that and why

What was generally worn during the mandates?

Cloth mask or surgical at the end but they also don’t offer much of a benefit.

we never had mask mandates the first time. No chance in hell we are going to have them a second time.

I have mixed feelings about masks. They don’t appear to work either in labs or in the real world. That said it isn’t a big deal to wear one for a short period of time.

The problem/benefit is they change behavior which can be good or bad. Some people seem to think if they are wearing a mask, they can get inches from you. (bad behavior). Other people just stay at home. I suspect any reduction isn’t caused directly by the mask but more that it reduces people leaving their homes.

Prior to that, people didn’t wear masks when they were sick and they would simply turn their head and cough while they were at a conference table with 10 other people That’s REALLY bad behavior.

And?

Masks woud have helped

If you sick stay home.

Exactly.

Speaking of masking, Orkin came over my house today today to do the annual termite inspection.

Probably is Company policy but the guy doing the inspection was wearing a mask while checking the outside perimeter of the house and inspecting the crawl space under the house.

I always did. And it would be great if I worked alone. But in my work career it seemed that someone was sick pretty much every day during the flu season, and they were trudging down halls, sitting in conference rooms, hacking up their lungs at their desk. Because…they wanted ‘perfect attendance’

I was always thankful for my “paid” sick leave days off in my last job. Before that I didn’t get paid sick leave and would go to work when I should have been in bed.

If you want to wear a mask and appear a fool in public, go right ahead.

But leave the rest of us alone.

And don’t tell us masks work if you have to force others to wear them to protect you while you are wearing a mask.

Depends on how you define “work.”

If tightly fitted, they stop particular pollution, bacteria, and prevent bodily fluids from entering a surgical site, like an open thorax.

But virus particles only a few nanometers in diameter, not so much.

And who have you seen wearing N-95s tightly fitted all day at work anyway??? Heck, none of staff did when I operated in the OR.