iPhones and Laptops

How often do you get new iPhones and laptops?

My wife and son both have iPhones, usually almost 5 years before they need replacing. My son’s MacBook Air is over 4 years old and works great. Clark had a letter from a listener that his 10 year old Apple computer worked fine but Apple stopped giving updates, he was worried about security.

1 Like

My last Apple product was an Apple IIe computer. Ah, the good old days.

1 Like

My Iphone is a 6 plus, still works for my needs. I recently had a landline put back in. I get tired of looking for my Iphone, checking the battery, making sure I didn’t accidently turn it off pulling it out of my pocket etc. Now I know there is always a phone on my kitchen wall, I’ll keep both.

I bought my first laptop a few months back, but preferred my desktop, and gave the laptop to my great grandson.

1 Like

I leased a 10 and 11 from Sprint. I bought the 11 at the end of the lease and had it several years until it started having issues I bought a 12. The thing is, i-phones are great texting and gaming and streaming machines, but the “phone” part now seems to be an afterthought.

I have never owned a laptop. I hated the ones I had to use for work.

1 Like

Never owned nor used an Apple product. Not technically savvy enough to change from Windows.

1 Like

Laptops usually last a while. One I use a fair amount is a Dell E5450; I would say it is around 10 years old. I attribute the longevity to Linux. Work-supplied laptops come with Windoze and it has a half life you know. That is even with a Yuge IT organization maintaining. I think I have had 4 or 5 in my 12 years. Last one took to throwing blue screen of death at least once a day.

Iphones not real sure. My first was a 2020 SE, and I recently retired it in favour of a used 12-mini. Work replaced iphone 7 with a 13 recently. Only because they changed carriers and the 7 was locked it worked just fine as far as I was concerned.

1 Like

get magic jack for phone only like $3-4 a month

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.