I'm going to share something here I probably shouldn't

My heart is heavy. I have lost one of my adult grandsons (39) to probably Fentanyl. I hadn’t spoken to him in about 7 years, nor was he welcome at my house. He got divorced about 7 years ago and was the father of 3 boys, and went off the deep end after the divorce. I hear his drug of choice was crack…

He had been missing for a while and his dad (my son) thought he may have put himself in rehab, I figured he had went back to the town where his mother lived. On February 1st his ex wife called the sheriff to report him missing. They called her back 10 minutes later and told her he was there at the coroner and had been since December 16th. They had found him dead on a driveway. No signs of foul play, no injuries of any kind, just dead. They did not do an autopsy which I find odd. They knew who he was and did not bother to notify any of numerous relatives right in this same town where he was found on December the 16th. If his ex had not called to report him missing on February 1st ,no one may have ever known. I find this appalling of a coroner’s office. I guess his Ex is waiting for the toxicology report. I suspect Fentanyl.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear that. Addiction is a hell of a thing. Much of that is just the way we are wired. Luckily I missed that gene in my family. Most of my family is alcoholics but I am one of the few who can drink without issue.

1 Like

That’s sad Sister, so sorry. Sadly, it’s a story that’s happening way too often the last 10 or 15 years, and it never seems to show any signs of improvement. I agree the behavior of the coroners showed no signs of common human decency. You have to wonder about these people.

No harm posting it here.
Prayers for you and his family.
Addiction is horrible and can effect anyone.

1 Like

Drugs have ruined many a persons life…

We have a couple friends that have lost high school kids to drugs.

1 Like

Sister, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sorry to hear that. Thoughts with your family.

Sorry this happened to you Sister.

I have shared this experience in that my deceased brother became an addict and died from the effects of long time drug addition in 2014.

1 Like

sorry for your loss

sorry for your loss Sister

Sister, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your loss. Man that’s tough

I am sorry to hear.

Sorry for your loss.

Sister, sorry for your loss.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Sorry for your loss.

Drugs are a huge problem and it is likely every single person has a family member on drugs. I have a branch of the family (my mom’s sister) that strayed into the world of crime and drugs. Every generation below my aunt has had significant problems despite countless efforts of family members to help. The sad reality is you can’t help someone that doesn’t want help.

Fentanyl is a major issue. It is taking out lots of unsuspecting drug users. It dosen’t take much to be too much. Here in Oklahoma, there are state funded Fentanyl testing kits available in free vending machines all of the state. It’s the sad new reality that we live in. The drugs use has flourished with more lax laws. I have never tried to buy drugs but I suspect it is easy to find.

As far as the coroners office. I am not surprised that they didn’t do an autopsy. These are typically only reserved for suspected victims. When My FIL died, my MIL paid for an autopsy. My FIL had cancer and dozens of surgeries and lived for 8 years with no stomach. I think she was hopeful to find someone to blame but this was not the facts. She paid about $5K for an autopsy. Due to this cost, I am not surprised that they didn’t do one.

There is a kid that was on my son’s swim team that has been in and out of rehab.
My wife and I constantly worry about him, and reach out to him on a regular basis.
He has a great family and was raised well, but sometimes an adult that is not family reaching out is extremely helpful.

1 Like

I am very sorry Sister.

We know a women who is raising her grandchild because her daughter is in and out of rehab and jail. The father is not anyone one would want raising a child. It is truly sad.