I went to a 1st grader birthday party and one kid already has a phone

When we first got to the playground, my daughter said she found a phone on the ground. I said I would find the owner. I clicked the on button to see the locked screen and it had the girls name on the background. I though surely its not the classmates phone. I asked the girl and she said yes its hers. This girl would literally just throw the phone on the ground and play on the play ground.

Good grief! Someone has already got their 1st grader a phone. I would bet my paycheck that this is an Obama phone.

Glad it was not a gun.

At least that child might be more responsible

This child is probably far more likely to play with matches or a handgun then a kid who’s taught to have a healthy fear of them and where the gun is safely out of reach. It’s all about the padded playgrounds and not caring how mature a child is who gets a phone

1 Like

There’s no such thing as an Obama phone.

It’s getting earlier and earlier and the peer pressure is real. I had planned to have my kid wait until middle school, but he ended up inheriting his mom’s phone when she could no longer use it.

So someone created a web site to capitalize on the false narrative. Still no such thing. The program started under Reagan.

Because landline phones and cell phones are the same. There is an Obama phone tent setup in my little town on a frequent basis.

Cell phones replaced landlines.

1 Like

FOR FUCKS SAKE

1 Like

My daughter (who really does love me) had forgotten her phone by the bench at practice. It was just a flip phone. A teammates mom and I were scolling thru the contacts list and there was an entry for “Asswipe”. It had my number on it. We gave it to her and Jeanie said she was sorry about the asswipe theng. Molly said it wasn’t asswipe -it was “aswhipee”

No they didn’t. I have landline phones at work. My grandma has landline phone. There are millions of people that still have the landline.

2 Likes

We and others in our area have landlines because there is no cell signal. Last numbers I saw, about 20% of Americans do not have a smart phone.

excellent point. cell service is not everywhere. It wasn’t till a few years ago that I could make a call from my house. If I had to make a call, I had to go outside and find a spot with enough coverage to make a call.

And when our Comcast internet goes down, which it does more than it should, a neighbor or two who have cell service through Comcast will come over at some point asking to make a call because they have no service.

2 Likes

One of my favorite expressions on the board

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.