I said this a long time ago

I was saying this back on the CH boards before I was kicked off.

It most likely will.

Now in all fairness is that because we successfully contain Covid or did we over react to Covid?

I talk to a lot of people I went to medical school with or that I did undergraduate with.

Most think mask are bunk and go against logic and training. They think it’s more psychological.

When Covid does go bad, it goes really bad. That is the most concerning part. It seems to be either minor or severe. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of middle ground.

Hospitals are only seeing the worst cases. Part of why the media hyping things up. Imagine If they did this every flu season.

Covid is called a respiratory virus by the media but that doesn’t appear to be true.

It’s turned extremely political and science has been ignored in many cases. Doctors are not a fan of science being overridden by political agenda. That’s what the Nazis did.

We may not know the answer to that for 5 years or more. I just hope when we do a post mortem that it’s nonpolitical and just the cold hard truth. If Trump’s feelings are hurt that’s okay, if Fauci’s feelings are hurt that’s okay, if liberal hearts bleed that’s okay. This will happen again and we need to be ready for it with a plan.

I am not trying to be a smart ass, but this will almost certainly never happen.
Obama acolytes will never admit that the 2008 stimulus was an abject failure.
Bush followers will never admit that cutting taxes at a time of war was a bad idea. Hell loyal Bushies won’t even admit that the auto bailout was a Bush creation.

That was political and to be expected. This post mortem will be about the country’s health in a scenario that will repeat itself probably once a decade. I don’t know…maybe I’m expecting too much of my government and fellow citizens.

I hope you are right, and I have faith in the citizens, but not whoever is doing the research.

It will be extremely political.

Just like you think only Trumpers don’t wear mask.

Wearing a mask is more complicated then politics. Some people understand the science and won’t wear one. Some people don’t understand the science and won’t. Some have mental health issues that prevent.

You can’t lump a diverse group into one ideology.