I need to get back to weights

Our gym has TRX straps, very versatile.

This you?

I often take them when I travel. They are useful. Also cheap.

I tried to get my daughter and her friend to do that bit as a duo for speech and debate

I’d ditch the daily cardio if I were you. Wastes muscle, causes carb cravings, and typically does not produce the weight loss/weight control people expect.

I was tinkering with weights for a good while, but what really made the difference for me was paying a trainer to work with me. Cost me $400 for 8 sessions but was money well spent. Gave me a good foundation to build on.

Why?

I used to hate them, but I’ve gotten used to them & come to like them.

When people hate an exercise, that’s often a sign they should reduce the weight & build proper form under a lighter load.

I’m assuming you mean lose 5% and retain 95%.

I was joking but yeah. I’m definitely weaker at 54 than I was at 44, but at 44 I was doing p90x.

Testosterone has been dropping in men for reasons we can’t explain. You may want to have yours checked.

Just wait another 10 years if you think you are weaker now.

Done that, still hate them.

I could blame it on my old knees, but I have always hated them.

If you think that your knees are old now, wait until another 10 years or so. Something called Total Knee Replacements come into play. Myself, I am at that stage now.

I have intermittent pain/aches, but I can still go run 5 miles once a week.
I usually do road bike or elliptical for cardio to not beat up on them too bad.
But I have found that HOKA brand shoes are awesome for being easy on the knees.

I’ve been doing a bit of work outside. If you want to work your legs, go up and down a ladder a few dozen times.

1 Like

My son and I installed several sets of lights in our living room and kitchen.
My legs burned after that.

There may not be any scientific proof of this, but I am convinced the reason is all of our modern comforts that replace the need for males to produce testosterone.

The silly California city liberal man stereotype I don’t think even ought to be included in the pool at large, as these men are hardly distinguishable from women in both behavior and sound. I suspect they are dragging down the average.

But even the rugged ranchers, oil rig workers, etc are becoming vanishingly rare, because technology is supplementing the need for their masculinity.

Same with leisure. Playing video games, watching YouTube, and posting pics on Instagram require much less testosterone than lifting weights and playing football.

Years ago I had a personal trainer that I went to 3 times per week. I used to joke around with the trainer and told her I hated leg work. So she had be do a wall sit and I opened my big mouth and told her that these were easy and if she put a bit weight on my lap, It could hold my beer and chips. So she changed to workout. Squats. And Lunges (which I hate more than squats), I never mad fun of anything after that.

I never gave a rat’s ass about leg day in the past. Figured I’d just run occasionally for leg muscles.

I am damn glad that I squat, lunge, and leg press now. My butt is bigger in a good way, and ordinary life requires much less energy.

1 Like

I had a claim involving a fatality where that happened.

16 year old was in the basement alone and there was no one else in the house.

The bench was closed to a wall on his right side and there were boxes on his left side.

Apparently he could not get the bar back up over the catch and could not roll off the weights.

His parents came home and found him dead.

I have been in the yym for amny years 7 days/365 (unless it closed and then I work out in my rec room).

Age 84, must be doing something right.

My apology for spending all your social security money. :grinning: