I am torn on this

On one hand, he has a decent resume, and is not a retread.

On the other hand, he is Bill Callahan’s son. And the Huskers are still recovering from him.

How much did he work with his father?

Not at all that I can tell.
And to be fair, Bill was probably the best o line coach in the NFL.

Did they do multiple interviews? The Rooney rule still in place?

The Rooney Rule is still in place.

Rooney rule is still in place, don’t know who they interviewed.

I was just asking because we have rumors of two white coach hires, but I haven’t heard much about other interviews. But just because I haven’t heard doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.

A black man was hired to coach New England

I know. Not complaining about what’s going on. Too early for that anyway. Just wondering if something had changed.

and it should be gone. Why not just hire the best coach

The Rooney rule helps them do that. Otherwise, people tend to hire whomever is like them and the owners are almost entirely white.

And, under the heading of WTF:

The Raiders and Chargers play in the same division, so his work as Chargers GM is not exactly a secret. Apparently the Raiders forgot how he was canned after they blew the Chargers away on national TV last year.

Raiders gonna Raider!

And Jim Harbaugh is going to the Chargers.

Ought to be interesting to see what he does with Herbert. He’s good, the downside I usually hear about Harbaugh is that he wears out his welcome over time.

One of the few who has been successful in both college and the NFL

Well, this didn’t take long.

Colin Kaepernick to Replace Cowboys Ex Kellen Moore on Jim Harbaugh Chargers Staff?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/colin-kaepernick-sign-replace-dallas-cowboys-kellen-moore-jim-harbaugh-chargers-staff

All we need now to top this is an article saying that Harbaugh will sign Kaepernick to back-up Justin Herbert.

From SI.

Maybe the algorithm of their AI got messed up.

I saw another one, but I think it was satire.

I am surprised to see SI still publishing.