I am old enough

I am old enough to remember when cars did have turn signals and drivers used their arms to signal right turns, left turns, and stop signals.

1 Like

Me too,I learned how to drive with a manual transmission using a clutch and hand signals. Remember that knob we pulled out called a choke?

3 Likes

???

I don’t see a single seat belt or baby seat.

1 Like

That’s why you have six kids instead of two.

2 Likes

My buddy’s parents had a station wagon with a seat all the way in the rear that faced backwards. I can’t remember if it had seat belts but if it did we never wore them.

One good thing about the manual transmission, we could push the car pop the clutch and get it to start. :joy:

4 Likes

Before bucket seats and seat belts.

3 Likes

The best anti-auto theft device.

4 Likes

Driving in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, gf told me I should use both hands. I said I needed at least one for the steering wheel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Riding a bike, we use hand signals all the time, but modified. Since hardly anyone today knows the proper hand signal for a right turn we point left with our left hand or right with our right hand. Some of have tried using the “correct” method (left hand bent at the elbow) but it seemed like people thought we were waving at them. We only use the stop signal within the group.

I’m old enough to remember sleeping on the deck under the rear window when we traveled by car.

1 Like

I did too, and my dad used to turn off the engine and coast down what is called the grapevine (6%grade) into the valley to save gas. Oh this thread has brought back so many memories.

1 Like

1 Like

Oooh, oooh, oooh…I know.

1 Like

I am old enough to remember when a Black and White TV was part of a piece of furniture called a credenza that included a record player and a bar. Even though color TVs became available during the late fifties, most people didn’t get a color TV until the sixties because there were very few TV shows at that time that were in color and the original color TVs had color that was very distorted.

1 Like

My dad worked for RCA and later Sony and as result, we were “the first on the block” with all the new stuff. I was born in 1957 but I cannot remember ever having a black and white TV. We had one of the first Betamax VCR and it was similar to the credenza you mentioned

sony1901front4c

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.