How often do you dine out?

My wife and I spend between $150 and $200 a week dining out and have noticed it’s getting a lot more expensive. A restaurant we’ve been going to for almost 30 years has had HUGE price increases over the last 2 years.and the latest is they are adding a 3.5% credit card fee. They raised prices around 30% over the last 2 years and our waitress said they’re just as busy but aren’t making as much money, they had to add the fee.

How often do you dine out and have you cut back on gong out or going to less expensive restaurants?

We usually eat out 1x week. For wife and two small kids it is normally $80-100 with tip. It is crazy expensive.

I have gone to ordering H20. A drink is now $3-4. Sometimes we order for pickup. There is a steak house near me that does a sirloin steak for 2. It is about $40 but it is more than enough for me, wife, and 2 kids with leftovers. My girls can put down some steak.

1 Like

Im eating out way too much since im retired. And since im working out and riding nearly 7 days a week, im actually losing weight.

1 Like

a couple weeks ago, we were camping. We were shopping at the park store prior to leaving. I was buying several shirts and the girls wanted lunchables (crackers, meat, and cheese). OK. These are only $1.68 at Walmart so I figured $3-4 each. Oh course the prices aren’t displayed anywhere. When I got the receipt I was horrified that I paid $7.19 each. You gotta be fuckin kidding me. That is beyond stupid price.

Yep…before Bidenflation the park store was likely charging $2.50.

Walmart prices use to $1 each. These have gone up 68% since he took office.

I need to be very careful buying groceries for camping. We camped on west coast florida and it was assrape prices. Ill stop at a wally world on the way or put food in a cooler.

I don’t go out to nice dinners all that often, but I’m sure it’s gone up.

I do get lunch out, mostly casual, 4-5 times a week, and it’s definitely up.

Just realized you shopped at the rv park store? Not only did you get assraped but the food was probably expired. Not sure we can hang this one on Biden.

We dine out 2-3 times a year. We probably go out to eat (not really dining) 10-12 times a year and get take out about as often (usually Chinese, Thai or a pizza from a non-chain pizzeria). For example, we were out and about Saturday a.m and stopped for a late breakfast at the Route 66 diner.

1 Like

I had a relative, I think it was my grandma’s cousin, her and her husband would eat out breakfast and dinner everyday in retirement.

Since my kid moved out we go out for breakfast or brunch every Saturday or Sunday. We have our favorite local places but will drive up to 45 minutes to try somewhere interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.