Goodell mulls 18-game regular season slate

Yet another example of the NFL chasing the almighty dollar. I am expecting a St Patrick’s Day Super Bowl next.

The players could have held the line when they pushed for 17. Dollars won the day then too.

They need to expand the roster by 5% then.

1 Like

A good column on the subject:

Or just nix the preseason

A blizzard in buffalo for the Super Bowl is perfect

won’t ever play there No dome

Correct. And, there are not enough hotel rooms in the Buffalo area to accommodate what is needed for the Super Bowl.

And, back to your original point, I have said before that as long as the NFL is awarding the Super Bowl to neutral sites, it should stick to sites where the weather will not screw up the game. They lucked out big-time when they had the game at Met Life Stadium and a big snowstorm missed the day of the game. For another hypothetical example, picture Kansas City hosting the Super Bowl with weather like they had for the playoff game against Miami last year.

I also think they should exclude Miami from hosting the game, since it seems that half the time Miami has it it is pouring down rain.

If the NFL were to go to letting the team with the best record host the game, that would be totally different. I would totally favor having the Super Bowl in places like Buffalo, Green Bay or any other cold weather city without a dome if that team had the best record of the two participants. However, the NFL will never do this.

On a related note, there has been talk before about the NFL awarding the conference championship games to neutral sites. I hope they never do that, as that would take away a big incentive for teams to play for the best record for home field advantage. However, if the NFL thinks it could make more money doing that, it would not surprise me to see that happen too.

I was also surprised too when they played in New Jersey given the weather potential at that latitude and not having a dome. But a blizzard makes a great game

I enjoy seeing teams adjust their strategy for the weather. Seeing Mahomes win with a broken foot gave me a lot of respect of his ability

I was wondering if they cancelled a game in the regular season or the playoffs in Buffalo due to a blizzard. The players should have bunked there over night because what an awesome game that would be

Yes I agree. The ice bowl was awesome

Just wish I was alive to have seen that game

They should deny entry without a refund if you don’t wear a coat and a sweater (or two) minimum.

One reason I stopped watching the NFL

The talk of them doing that made you stop watching?

Yep it would to have conference games at neutral sites

I guess that means that I am a “die-hard” fan