Funny Quotes

1. “I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play;
    Bring a friend, if you have one.”
    George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

“Cannot possibly attend first night, I will attend the second…If there is one.”
- Winston Churchill, in response.

1. A member of Parliament to Disraeli: “Sir, you will either die on the gallows, or of some unspeakable disease.”
    · “That depends, Sir,” said Disraeli, “whether I embrace your policies or your mistress.”

2. “He had delusions of adequacy.” - Walter Kerr

3. “I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.”

• Clarence Darrow
  4. “He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”

• William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).
1 Like

It takes no more time to see the good side of life than it takes to see the bad.

Jimmy Buffett

3 Likes

You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you’ll find
You get what you need.

• Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
2 Likes

Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded.

**Yogi Berra**
1 Like

As I recall, Hemingway also had a witty response to Faulkner.

1 Like

“It takes less time to do a thing right than it does to explain why you did it wrong”

Henry Longfellow

1 Like

“Guests are like fish. After three days they start to stink!”

Benjamin Franklin

2 Likes

"Do you know how many Cleveland Browns players it takes to go to the Super Bowl? Do not feel bad…no one knows because it has never been done before.

Do you know why Canton Ohio does not have a professional football team? Because if they get one then Cleveland will want one also."

Cincinnati Bengals Fan

So true, a lot of people should follow that advice.

Oh, here’s Hemingway’s response:

“Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words? He thinks I don’t know the ten-dollar words. I know them all right. But there are older and simpler and better words, and those are the ones I use.”

1 Like

Not funny, but a fave.

LOTR is the one nerd genre I could not get into

Nobody loves me but my mother
and she could be jivin’ too

– BB King

2 Likes

“Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?”

Mae West

2 Likes

“The problem with famous quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify.”

-Thomas Jefferson

3 Likes

Jefferson didn’t say that. It was Lincoln.

2 Likes

Lol. This is one of the things that cost nothing that global warming lemmings can do today to save the planet. Plus saves them money they can use towards buying an electric vehicle.

@glasspilot - I saw the Mae West film “She Done Him Wrong” ,when it was on TV a number of years ago, where she made that humorous comment. The original line from that movie was “Is that a gun (or pistol) in your pocket or are you just happy to see me” but there have been a number of variations of it over the years.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.