Florida still leading the way in COVID response

Both mine and my physician’s staffs were infected by patients while wearing full protective garb.

Viruses are about 1/8 th diameter of the smallest bacterium. Only one passing through a damp mask and landing on your conjunctiva could infect you.

1 Like

Because after they get damp after a few minutes of wear, they are much less effective. Also few people in real life cinch up masks tightly so all the air is passing through the masks.

No one has claimed they are foolproof, just that they reduce risk.

1. If worn correctly, cinched tight.
  2. If not damp.

A face shield protects even more by shielding the conjunctiva. Why not order people to use those as well?

Then COVID Cowards like you use them all the time, and leave the rest of us alone.

I just realized it after the fact today. Shopping in Aldi and wife talks to a seasoned chick with flame red hair and goodness, neither one had a face diaper on. Everyone else I saw in store did, including me. Turns out no mandate in this county but over to the east they have more tyranny. Still we go over there to eat almost every week and how do you eat with one of those on? Only the staff and the elk on the wall are wearing.

My daughter was telling me about her grandfather’s 80th birthday in a very boujie area of Florida last week. She was the only one who had a mask on at a country club and her grandfather kept telling her to take it off because everybody there has been vaccinated, even the employees of the club. These are VERY rich people and they aren’t bitcoin millionaires, this is old money.

Meanwhile my daughter is a type 1 diabetic and she has no clue when she’ll be vaccinated. Perhaps if she were in Florida and an employee at a country club she could be vaccinated by now.

asshole

I think Florida put old people at the top of the list. A valid argument could be made that pre existing conditions like diabetics should have been first.
How did you get the vaccine before your daughter?

1 Like

In GA people 65+ and their caretakers are group 1A. I could’ve gotten vaccinated a month ago but didn’t for some reason. Ironically my dad refused the shot, ues needle averse. Passed out last time the doctor took blood.

I just registered daughter as a caretaker, shes around my dad a lot and need to be vaccinated.

In Missouri she would be on the same Tier as anyone 65 or older.

Funny thing is parents of ‘compromised children’ are group 1A but not compromised adults? Its odd.

And they just moved teachers to 1A so that pushes my daughter back further.

For whatever reason, here in Missouri teachers are on the same Tier as office workers.

I completely understand the teacher thing, if we can’t vaccinate 7 year old then we should vaccinate their teachers.

1 Like

As of yesterday Indiana has vaccines opened to anyone 50 and older.

Even in lab experiments, only n95 have been shown to be effective.

I’d support mask mandates if we had N95. Cloth mask have not shown to be overly effective even in labs.

1 Like

I think teachers should he high priority to get the kids back in school.

That is what you tell yourself all the time, and what you tell other people.

But in the end, you are just telling the lie to cover your ass for your cowardice.

Men who lead righteous lives do not go around constantly fearing death.

1 Like

Do you wear a seat belt? Do you look before walking across a street? If so, I guess that makes you a coward.

I look out for my safety to the extent it does not restrict my personal liberty. Wearing seatbelts has never bothered me, so I wear them. Some people it really bothers. Let them decide not to wear them if they don’t want to. It is not anyone else’s business.

I hardly could equate the bother of looking both ways before crossing and wearing a mask most of the day. If they are equally bothersome to you, you need psychologic help.

The bottom line for leftists is this: they are outraged when they see other people not in a fearful hysteria. Why? They sense correctly they are losing control of the narrative they cherish. Namely: when people are in grave peril, and they need to sacrifice liberty and need a big government more than ever.

Some people like me are not fools. We see through your ploy.

Same thing for global climate change. The whole hoax is geared to scare us. That is why you keep giving us fake timelines for our doom. You hope to paralyze us with fear. Your solution is again give up more liberties and cede more power to the government.

You are transparent. We see through your motives. You WANT people to be scared all the time.