Downloading music

We probably have twice that many, even after we gave 100-150 to our local library recently. We simply prefer to own the music we listen to, and like to choose what we want to hear any particular moment. some days it’s oldies, sometimes blues, sometime jazz, sometimes rock, etc. We do have SiriusXM in our cars for road trips and like that they have a huge variety of channels to listen to. If I had a more technologically advanced sound system at home, we’d listen at home also.

bears, when I was in high school, I had a friend who had a record player in his car that played 45s.

Hey Pete…if you saw about 5 graybeards on bikes on 123rd around 11:30, it was us.

I was over in your neck earlier than that picking up something off of FB marketplace

Don’t know if you have heard of him, there is a syndicated DJ named Barry Scott. He plays oldies that are not played a million times.

He has a subscription service. I pay about 7 dollars a months, and every Monday a new podcast comes out that is about 2 hours and 30 minutes long.[no commercials]

Thanks, I might have to look into that. I have burned 90-95 CDs of oldies, covering 1955-72 in chronological order (by year). So, I can play any year or period I am interested in. I put those on flash drives, along with a smaller number of 1973-90 that I sometime play in the car.

The only thing that irks me about Sirius is that they have a universe of music available, but you often hear songs repeated if you listen for awhile. It can get to be like top 40 all over again.

Barry Scott has his show on Sundays from 6pm to 9pm[EST]. He is based out of Massachusetts. Here is 1 station, that will will find him…99.1[WPLM] out of Plymouth, Mass.

There was a DJ at WLOF in Orlando that was nicknamed “B side Bill” as he introduced a lot of b sides that went on to become hits. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison is one of them

Audiophile :wink:

Tom Petty didn’t like digital music either. I think it is mainly an emotionally driven bias.

Missed it. I’m working to get back into running so if you see an old guy gasping his way along 123rd or along Nall give him some space.

ALso if you have amazon prime, they give you prime music for free.

That I did not know. We have that and I’ll look into it

It doesn’t carry every song for free but it has a large catalog and it’s free if you have prime.

Actually a pretty good free service.
Does not have everything, but got me by until my kids convinced me to go to Spotify.

Streaming music is kind of a step backwards for me. I have always like to take albums or CD’s and make my own mix tapes to fit the activity that I wanted. I picked the songs I wanted to hear. Now, I can tell a service the genre that I like, but they pick what they want me to hear. And if it’s a song I don’t care for, I have to manually skip it.

You can setup a playlist with most services.

You can do that with Spotify.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.