Don't call me no effing Boomer!

Just bought a car 100% online.
Easy, painless, and no pressure process.

I would suggest Vroom to anybody looking for a used car.
(disclaimer, I have not received the car yet, so I do reserve the right to change my mind)

I’m interested in how that turns out. Early in 2020, I was a day away from selling my car to Carvana, but decided to wait until we could actually take some road trips before replacing it. Maybe this year.

I will keep you updated.
We wanted to use Carvana just so we could use the big ass coin. But Vroom had a great deal.

I was trying to explain to my 20 year old son why Bernie would be eaten alive by Trump (obviously during the primary). His response was ‘OK boomer’.

I resemble that remark.

Do they do new?

I haven’t bought one in over 15 years. Planning to wait a couple of months to see if the virus slows down a tad here, but I’ll be in the market. The process has changed a lot. We went through our credit union last time as they had a car broker. The one thing I don’t want is to deal with haggling.

Neither Carvana or Vroom do new, but they do very close to new.
We were pre approved through our Credit Union, but Vroom was able to beat the rate by almost a percentage point (they will offer financing at a slightly higher rate until you show them your pre approval, then they will beat it).
I looked at the CarFax and my car is actually coming from your neck of the woods.

The software they use for ID verification is wonky but it finally worked

My gf used Carvana for a one year old car and will never buy any other way again. But she knew the car very well, she traded in a 2 year older version of the same car.

Besides, you’re not a boomer. You’re a gen Xer.

1 Like

I have no use for new cars. I don’t like electric windows.

My first car, a 1973 Pinto, is better than it was when it rolled out of the factory. (Please, the fireball stories are rubbish.)

My second car, a 1972 Chrysler Newport, is very comfortable for cruising. Ditto for my 1965 Plymouth Fury, given me by my grandfather upon his death.

The only car I bought new 15 years ago, a Toyota Corolla, is the perfect low-cost reliable transportation. As long as I can obtain new or rebuilt engines, I will drive this car- hopefully into my 90s.

Late federal fuel economy standards have shortened the lives of newer cars. Don’t get me started on direct injection, CVTs, and stopping the engine and restarting.

The Jeep Wrangler I drive now has crank windows and manual locks.
My wife like all the bells and whistles (auto start, heated seat, etc) but I am simple. I will give up many of those to keep the price down.

Newer cars are more reliable and last longer than any in the past.

I was about to say that. My 2012 Tacoma has no signs of slowing down, the ride and the interior feels and looks like a 2021. 170k miles, I maintain it and I’ll keep it til it dies. I have a 2007 BMW Z4 with 130k miles and it keeps ticking as well, it’s easy on tires and brakes and is manual.

I’m definitely not opposed to buying a 1-3 year old car, I just won’t because my 13 and 8 year old cars are running so well.

With more time, the BMW will become too expensive to maintain. You can always get Tacoma parts from salvage yards.

Depends on what you mean by “new.” CVTs are not holding up, and cars with direct injections have the intake valves gumming up.

@mcarley
My car will be delivered from California.
I should have saved the money and just hired you to drive it out here.

Only if it has Spotify and a good sound system.

Just a CD player, but Jeeps have really good sound systems.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.