Convenience vs Cost

When making decisions do you put more emphasis on convenience or cost?

Depends, I don’t change my own oil, even though I could do it at about half the price, because I don’t want to try to dispose of the oil.
But I change my own brakes because it isn’t that hard and I can do it significantly less expensive than paying someone.

For most of my life the emphasis was usually on cost. The last few years, as I get older, convenience is playing a bigger role.

A little of both, but the busier or more stressed I am, the more convenience wins. And, I’m not handy with things around the house, like fixing even small things, so I’ll pay to have someone who knows what they’re doing take care of those things. (If I can find someone).

It varies.

Going out to eat is almost always more expensive. It’s about convenience, quality, experience.

During the pandemic i have leaned more to convenience but I’m in an income bracket where I can

One of the funny things about my household is between my wife and I, our cooking is usually better than when we go out to eat. I haven’t ordered a steak at a restaurant in at least 10 years.

So when are we all invited?

Normally I’ll eat steak out because they have prime aged beef. It’s a different experience.

I don’t always have a filter. My gf thinks she’s a great cook but it’s often eh.

She swears I said something about her weight and the quality of her cooking. I don’t think I did. Lol

By all accounts I should be about 300 lbs.
I don’t know if you remember Strouds fried chicken, but hey opened one briefly in Eastern Jackson County, and friends of ours went and told my wife her fried chicken was better.

My gf is chubby. She thought I said how’d you get so chubby cooking like that

Complex decision involving disposable money available and free time.

If both variables are in low supply, then things tend not to get done unless absolutely necessary.

I am jack of all trades. Automotive no problem with rebuilding engines and other major components. Home wiring, plumbing, roofing, siding, painting, are all easy to do. Other trades like HVAC, welding, and heavy equipment are all no problems. I have a vast amount of tools for just about any job.

I prefer to DIY, but I find it harder and harder to find the time to do the things I love doing and the things that need to get done. We are planning an addition on the house to add a giant bath to the master bed and turn the existing master bath to a big walk in closet. It pains me to hire this job out. I likely will only because I don’t have the time. I have rebuilt a engine that I would rather get back in my bus and DIY a camper than build onto the house. The lumber shortages just might buy me a few months to put this big project off till I get more time.

I recall a study I read a few years ago That tried to determine if money alone can bring someone happiness. They concluded no, but having enough money to pay someone else to do something for you that you don’t want to do, or don’t enjoy doing, can bring one a lot of happiness. That works for me.

Im all about convenience but I will price shop. I believe we all have a job to do, I’ll happily pay someone to wrench my car.

Thanks to the Terrorist organization known as BLM[Burn, Loot, Mug], it is no longer politically correct to use the words “Master bedroom, Master bath”. They are now referred to as “Owner’s bathroom and Owner’s bedroom”.

Did you mean to post that here Payless? Thats an urban myth, I look at listing and see master bedroom all the time.

No Urban myth. I know that you were looking for a House to retire to. I may have found your dream home. It is in Punta Gorda, Florida. At 1:22 in the “Owner’s bedroom and at 1:36 is the Owner’s bathroom”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c26sTGU_CXs&ab_channel=LeoAlbanes

What’s funny is those term have nothing to eo with slavery.

According to the NBA, “owner” is a racist term too.