Confession?

It is also a violation of the law. Though he doesn’t mind tangling with the law as the article talks about. He seems to have strong moral beliefs and a calling to his mission.

1 Like

I grew up Catholic and in the 60s too, went to a Catholic grade school and high school. My experience was apparently quite different than yours. I never heard or was taught non Catholics would go to hell. It would be news to my Methodist wife.

But then again I don’t have a hardon for the church because of their abortion stance.

1 Like

It was the abortion stance at first, but then I found out that the monsignor who was working with me on my anulment, so that I could get remarried in the church, was telling me that I could take communion so long as I did not have sexual relations wtih my fiance, was bonking altar boys at the same time.

Which has nothing to do with the Catholic Church. Did you report it to the police? What is his name, and what was the final disposition of the case? There must be a public record.

I didn’t know he was doing it then. I found out after the police was notified. He was defrocked. But I was doing everything a good Catholic boy should do.

What was his name and when was this?

Richard Johnson. He died in 2016. I was working with him on my anullment in 1987. That was when he was doing it. He was “defrocked” in 2006. On a sadder note - I thank God my mother had died before this happened because she loved him. Come to think of it…he did not officiate at her funeral in 2004. Perhaps they knew then

An atheist died and in the after life he apppraced St Peter hoping to convince him that even as a non-believer he was a good person and should go to heaven.

St Peter said, "You have two Questions.

First, How many people died when the Titanic sank?

The a theist gave the right answer.

St Peter, “Name them.”

I really like your explanation and the article. As a Catholic, that is extremely disturbing. Yes it’s the sacrament of reconciliation though I mistakenly thought confession and reconciliation were interchangeable

it’s interesting. Some Protestants believe in once saved always saved so you can ask Jesus for forgiveness of sins for his death on the cross then go out and kill someone and still be in heaven whereas Catholics believe if you confess every mortal sin, you go to heaven but you may make a stop over in purgatory so that your purified or cleansed and can deal with the light of Heaven

I think both Catholic and Protestants believe that if you refuse confessing your sins before you die, you’re at risk of going to hell