Chiropractor

I asked my Chiro about ART. Does not do it but said I was a good candidate and gave me a name in the area. You mentioned 3 or 4 visits… sounds good. How far apart were they., time frame?

Did they take Xrays?
Did you have any back problems before your fall.

Wondering you are much younger and far more active than me.

My understanding is that a chiropractor can help relieve pain when there are no serious medical issues that needs to be addressed. The risk of going to a chiropractor is that he is not a physician and is not qualified to diagnose serious medical conditions that might be causing the problem.

That is why it is very important to have a good examination by a physician prior to using a chiropractor.

1 Like

Mine was twice per week…like a Monday and Friday. He didn’t take x-rays for me. I didn’t have back problems before my accident. Mine started hurting about 8 months after my accident, which is kind of weird. But the area that started hurting did have bruising there after my wreck. I felt immediate relief after the first session. And the treatment was unlike regular chiropractor visits…there were no “adjustments” I don’t know how it works, but it worked very well for me. I hope it works as well for you.

1 Like

What is art? I’ve never heard of it.

I have mixed feelings about chiropractors but I see one.

A good chiropractor doesn’t make bullshit claims. They know what they can and can’t do.

If you have cancer, a chiropractor isn’t a good choice.

You have some lower back pain? It’s good to give it a shot. They may make it worse but they make also provide comfort. We just don’t have good treatments for lower back pain.

I am not a great fan of Chiro either. Wife is.
I have had xrays, MRIs etc…

See KC’s first post in this string … there is a link to ART.
ART is practiced by a very limited number of Chiros.
I had trouble finding more than a few in Atlanta and only 1 in my county.

Chiropractors are the most variable form of health professionals out there. They can obtain their “doctorate” in as little as 5 years after high school.

Chiropractic schools range greatly in what they teach. Some are against any vaccines at all. Some teach there are “adjustments” that make wisdom teeth erupt without problems. Every chiropractor is different. Some have kook views and sell quack nostrums.

Others have abandoned the back-cracking nonsense and really function as physical therapists. There is a real rivalry between them and actual PTs.

The one thing all chiropractic graduates have is plenty of coursework in marketing.

I have a chiropractor as a patient in my office. His blood pressure is dangerously high and I have had to turn him away for treatment. He refuses to take blood pressure medication of any sort, saying he is “trying to remedy the problem by natural means.” Guess he will die a natural death by aneurysm or kidney failure.

If you have muscle pains, go to a PT. By the way, ART is a common treatment modality with PTs, as is needling. At least you know what you will be getting. With chiropractors, it is a crap shoot.

Thanks Doc.

I have been seeing both a PT and a Chiro.
I have more confidence with the PT than the Chiro.
I am actually seeing some results from the PT.
I will ask the PT about ART.

My guy is trusted by the Kansas City Chiefs. And I know that the pain I had in my lower back was relieved after one visit, and was gone by my third. And heres’ the other thing - my visit cost me $100. After I was hit by the car and had to go to PT, I had to pay $370 per visit. Also, my chiro must have failed the marketing class because he didn’t tell me that I needed twice weekly sessions for 6 months. Up front he told me I’d likely be okay by 3. FWIW - all of the docs there (3) practice ART and there is a steady stream of clients, quite a few of them athletes, coming in, so they apparently don’t need to recruit frequent flyers.

Glad you got a good one. I have a good one as well in the practice. He went to a reputable school and vaccinates his children.

I wondered what sort of journals Chiropractors read. I came across one- cannot remember the name. I was underwhelmed by the research protocol. It was more like a journal of testimonials.

As I said, Chiropractic education is tremendously variable from school to school. An interesting fact is Osteopathy and Chiropractic started out as twins. Now a doctorate of Osteopathy is given the same credibility as a doctorate of medicine.