Calrk Howard Forum 526 Error

They may not care much about most of the boards, but Clark Stinks is one of their important segments. They’ll likely find a way to keep that.

Today I got this message:

Your clock is ahead.

A private connection to mb.clark.com can’t be established because your device’s date and time (Monday, October 12, 2020 at 7:24:06 AM) are incorrect.

The date and time are correct for where I am located.

It also has a bubble to select to update date and time. I am not going to select that. Does anybody know what would happen if I did select that? Would it mess up the configuration in my phone.

I don’t get an option to change the time.

I suspect the time is off on their server.

I got that message on my phone. I just tried on my laptop and got this more standard message:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mb.clark.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Their certificate is invalid.

They don’t know how to manage their certificates.

What’s going on over at the CH board? If Winter can keep this board up and running it can’t be that complicated.

(I’m kidding. :grin:)

You’ll see brief outages here as I do patching.

Not 4-5 days. Lol.

LOL, I used to manage a DB and I would forget to update our certificates with our IT dept.
If it was out for about an hour I would start getting flooded with emails from users.
I finally set up a reminder on my calendar a month in advance to make sure they were up to date.

I have an automated task to update the certificate. No reason to forget. We will know in 11 months if I wrote it correctly. Lol

1 Like

CH message boards are working now.

Yes they are. But one has to wonder if traffic was down because of the politics board or might it be someone had a tax question on Friday but got a 526 error all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday and decided to go elsewhere

Just an FYI, I didn’t realize until today that MOD5 had actually posted something about me.
His post is a work of fiction in case anybody was wondering.

Where did he post something ?

HOLY COW!!!
He must be following this board, or a member.
HE posted in the last thread I started before I was booted “Web vs. Real Life”
But he deleted the post I was referring to in the last 30 minutes.

Now it is back!!

Lol. What did it say?

And yes mod5 is watching

It was a rehash of our PM’s which had a small bit of truth, but he claimed my PM’s to him were becoming “gradually more abusive”.
I will admit that I was a complete and utter smart arse, but never “abusive”.

It is also deleted from his history, he made the post in late May.

Ah I was going to say I haven’t seen anything new. They can’t seem to keep the board up.

Mod5 was a power freak.

Just out of curiosity how many members so far here? I’m guessing there are several from the CH board that are lurking and a few that are posting but have more than one screen name. Also can people see this board without joining?