Caitlin Clark Hit by Violent Cheap Shot While Angel Reese Appears to Celebrate it

Those aren’t necessarily different things.

No, no, no…everything must be looked at through a racial lens. Haven’t we learned that from The View, Stephen A. Smith, and Politicians ?

Imagine if the races were reversed in that situation.

The 1989 Pistons flagrantly fouled Michael Jordan as their main strategy in the playoffs.

Dennis Rodman and others admitted this on The Last Dance, which anyone who likes basketball should watch by the way.

I agree that this looks like initiation rites.

At the same time, I can see crystal clear the perspective of the people insinuating racial animosity.

As I implied above, if the races were reversed, mainstream media outlets would be claiming racism, and saying that is evidence of systemic racism that some white girl felt so comfortable abusing a black girl.

Of course none of them makes a peep about abuse in the other direction. That’s wrong and hypocritical.

A lot of white people are tired of being a scapegoat for supposedly oppressed minorities, who have had equal rights for 60 years.

2 Likes

Another that I didn’t know (who would, it is the WNBA) is that the chick that cheap shoted Clark has been a thug since she came into the WNBA.

2 Likes

You mean like this?

Although the dirty play was mostly from Bill Lambeer and Rick Mahorn, not those in the photo.

What a great play that was.

Also Rodman and Isaiah Thomas. But they were probably all doing it.

Your mention of Lambeer reminds me of a Super Nintendo game called Bill Lambeer’s Combat Basketball, which was exactly like it sounded.

I’m assuming Lambeer collected royalties from it, but the underlying joke sailed right over my head at the time.

Bill Laimbeer’s father was CEO of a company that manufactured cardboard boxes and other containers. Laimbeer once said that he was probably the only player in the NBA whose father made more money than his son.

1 Like

The Legendary announcer for the Boston Celtics[Johnny Most]…blasting the Detroit Pistons.

They were called the Bad Boys for a reason.

In their defense, the officials did not seem willing to call their fouls appropriately. Things seemed to change after that drama/controversy, likely largely because of it.

From the players’ & coaches’ perspective, it makes sense to do what you can get away with, if winning is your priority.

That’s why the banks made shady loans 18 years ago and it’s why car dealerships are such pains in the ass. They can get away with it.

1 Like

When I wrestled, my coach taught us to push the boundaries (as long as it wasn’t with an intent to injure), if you got caught, don’t do it again.
I coached my son like that, but was hesitant to coach others like that not wanting to piss off parents.

The thing with the Pistons was, they played tough defense, but Lambeer and Mahorn in particular did look like they were trying to injure.

Only repercussions were Isaiah didn’t get to be part of the dream team.

Part of the reason for that was his (and his teammates’) unsportsmanlike conduct when the Pistons got knocked out in the 89 playoffs.

They left the court with the clock still running. Didn’t shake hands.

In The Last Dance, Thomas tried to make it sound like this was normal acceptable behavior at the time, but the Bulls adamantly insisted otherwise.

I assume most sports are the same.
If you get labeled “dirty” other teams are doing to play you dirty too.
I know NASCAR is like that.

Maybe a bunch of male college players can join the WNBA as Karens and make the game better

1 Like