BuT THe ScIEnce!

Good to know. I mistakenly thought Sasse was another Kaisich, Romney, or Bush. I’ll have to read up on Sasse, his voting record not his rhetoric

I agree. Trump was the jerk most politicians are behind the scenes. I might have found Trump distasteful but I acknowledged he was merely an ugly reflection of DC in general.

The mask police will say she just pushed herself too far.<<<

That is an asinine statement on it’s face. In many sports the whole goal is pushing yourself to the extreme. Track running is a perfect example of that. You need every molecule of oxygen to get to the finish line. When I was younger my sport was bicycle road racing. We all see the Tour De France, those guys ride mainly 100+ mile stages for 20+ days with only 2 or 3 days off. If they were told to wear a mask you would just see rolled eyes and a finger.

And why masks on school sports? In all the professional sports there’s no masks (even golf, which is not an endurance sport). Professional athletes don’t want anything handicapping their performance.

+1

When I helped coach track and field, I wanted my top runners to exhibit a war face at the end and be nearly throwing after the finish.