Best decade for cars

What decade do you think had the nicest cars?

Cars are getting safer and better every year, but as far as looking cool 1965-75 IMO.

2030s.

I’m going to split two decades and say 1995-2005. The Ford GT came back, Carerra GT, last of the air cooled 911s (1998). As BMW lover, the inline 6 still dominated their performance cars without forced induction and they weighed under 2 tons. The last BMW I’d consider owning is a 2007 (and I actually own one), after they they got bloated with screens and electronics.

1 Like

I kind of like the new BMW 2 series coupe. I do think their design staff must have all died or retired because some the new designs are not attractive at all. When we got married, my wife had a 1980 320i and I had a 1981 280-ZX. That may have been the best looking garage we ever had.

Late 60’s and early 70’s Mopar muscle cars.

As far as looks, late 30s to late 40s. Performance wise, late 60s early 70s.

2000s but I’m a millennial. I remember the 1980s having the worst cars. If a car can last 15-20 years and 300,000 miles that’s a cool car

Agreed

Splitting decades - I would say the nicest cars, based on the way they looked, were from 1955 to 1965.

1 Like

I also like that car because it’s small and has good power and not a lot of tech. I’m a minimalist with my cars, Bluetooth and I’m good.

I drove a Jeep Wrangler for 10 years that was manual transmission and no power windows or locks. Loved it!

Cars use to require a lot of work and repairs. I’m shocked at how little they require now. My Nissan is over 10 years old and ive changed a switch and spark plugs wire (coil packs). That’s it

True, my 2010 Ford Focus with +240,000 miles is running strong, other than brakes, tires and oil changes the only other thing I’ve done is plugs and wires at 100,000 and a front wheel bearing. My kids been driving it for 3 years with no problems.

My wife’s 2015 Ford Escape has only had oil changes and tires.

Apropos for this statement.

I had my Camry for 15.5 years. I think I had the starter replaced. Other than oil, tire, and brake maintenance, that’s it.

I’ve had my Tesla just over a year. Recently, I finally got the tires rotated.

People really underestimate how much more reliable today’s cars are than in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.